A&H

Bridging the gap...

James Irwin

Level 7 Referee
Afternoon all, been reading the forum for a while and taken on board a lot of the advise.
Recently completed referee's course and will complete my first 6 games this evening all being OA games.
As a Manager of a Central Midlands North team I have to say being on the field as opposed to in the dugout has been a real eye opener.
Enjoyed every minute in the middle so far and hungry for more.

The Referee Store
You are doing 6 games this evening? Brave man!! :D

Welcome to the forum mate.

Haha..you can't have a forum without the grammar checkers can you?
Well game done..no major issues, one yellow card, 6 goals and I move onwards with this new enjoyable venture.
Find as a recently retired player that I feel a little close to the action at times, got to work on that.

Find as a recently retired player that I feel a little close to the action at times, got to work on that.

Yes, you also have to break the habit of trying to run into what you would think is a good position to receive a pass! Players generally don't want the ref standing there getting in the way! Positioning takes a little time, but with experience and concentration you start to instinctively know where you want to be, and where you need to be to get a good view of what is going on.

Some good advice on positioning:

http://gdfra.org.au/Advanced_Referees_Positioning.ppt

Back