A&H

Brentford vs Newcastle

The Referee Store
Initially didn’t even notice the little jump from DaSilva. Nasty challenge

When you see someone score an absolute worldie from 30 yards, it should be worth double.

That's the red card version. Coward's challenge.

He tries to do too much sometimes with his shielding that he does stupid things.
Dasilva is a great player but needs to cut back to basics.
He done similar in the Tottenham game on Hojberg (or however its spelt) in a LC game last season.

Good use of var . Very hard real time at pitch level to see the severity of that tackle
Going to guess at grass roots most would go foul, no card

Thankfully var intervening. Looked tidy enough executed too, mate, you should go look at that tackle. Minimum fuss or time, red issued.

Good use of var . Very hard real time at pitch level to see the severity of that tackle
Going to guess at grass roots most would go foul, no card

Thankfully var intervening. Looked tidy enough executed too, mate, you should go look at that tackle. Minimum fuss or time, red issued.

Dean gave a foul the other way in real time.

I'm not saying JDS red was not a red. It was.

But why wasn't this even considered for a card, let alone a free kick?
Do find things seem to be so inconsistent.

That looks much, much worse from a still. Real time both players went for a ball with their legs high, one got there very, very fractionally ahead of the other. Real time it doesn't look even vaguely close to a red card.

That looks much, much worse from a still. Real time both players went for a ball with their legs high, one got there very, very fractionally ahead of the other. Real time it doesn't look even vaguely close to a red card.
And I appreciate you should look at the overall picture (sorry, video) but I feel this was just as bad, if not worse, tha the JDS one.

And I appreciate you should look at the overall picture (sorry, video) but I feel this was just as bad, if not worse, tha the JDS one.
They aren't even close. The one today was two players going for the ball and one getting there very slightly ahead of the other. In the Brentford game Josh Dasilva has completely ignored the ball and gone for his opponent, it was an absolute coward's tackle.

Nor did the Brentford red look anything like red in real time

Nor did the Brentford red look anything like red in real time
Perhaps not easy to see real time, but on first replays it is obvious it was a shocker of a challenge. Over the ball, no attempt to play it, and deliberately going for the opponent. The Keita one as absolutely nothing like that.

Should be straight red any time someone catches another play in *that* place 🤕 (especially when its a Liverpool player in a cup final).
In all seriousness though, I'm with Rusty on this one, doesn't look half as bad in real time

Back