A&H

Brentford vs Forest

Jtpetherick1

When it all goes wrong in the remaining 60 minutes, you know who to blame BUT...

Graham Scott has had a great first 30. Great PK call, great caution for simulation in the box (both fabulous positions too) and willing to let the game flow and looking for advantage constantly.

The Referee Store
Yes. He is well in charge of this one. His positioning has been excellent.

He was always a solid Referee until VAR came along. No surprise to see him on cruise-control at this level

Cracking game but one blip.
Just prior to Forest scoring, midfielder was clearly fouled and no free kick given. Literally went up the other end and scored.

Yes, we jinxed the MITM
Was his only "error" in what was a fantastic refereeing display. If that is the only thing that went wrong where its totally down to human judgment then I think that deserves a big clap all round.
From a refereeing point of view, I enjoyed it.

Scott seems to have been banished to the Championship, with five games there since he last had a Premier League game. He's still getting 4th official appointments on PL games so hasn't been demoted, but something appears to have happened. I can't remember him making any clangers though and I've always seen him as a safe pair of hands.

Scott seems to have been banished to the Championship, with five games there since he last had a Premier League game. He's still getting 4th official appointments on PL games so hasn't been demoted, but something appears to have happened. I can't remember him making any clangers though and I've always seen him as a safe pair of hands.
He was one they tried to demote after his first or second season, reinstated on appeal.

Was his only "error" in what was a fantastic refereeing display. If that is the only thing that went wrong where its totally down to human judgment then I think that deserves a big clap all round.
From a refereeing point of view, I enjoyed it.

Yeah I thought he had a good game.

Chris Hughton said post match the Brentford keeper should have been sent off for a potential handball outside the area. 😳

He did a game between Coventry v Boro a few weeks back as well and was fantastic. Just continually let the game flow. A few championship managers could learn from him

Unlike Paul Tierney who had the SW derby today - not a demotion but a top Championship game.
FA cuo weekend so not many PL games to be appointed to.
The amount of work you'd think they'd give a little break. Midweek games again?

Which I thought was neither outside the area nor DOGSO.
I couldn't be 100% certain if it were out or not.
One angle looks out, but a better angle looks like it's potentially on the line, but never DOGSO. Ball moving fast and would have likely gone out of play and was the line out towards the touchline so had more work to do if he had got the ball and a defender to deal with.

I couldn't be 100% certain if it were out or not.
One angle looks out, but a better angle looks like it's potentially on the line, but never DOGSO. Ball moving fast and would have likely gone out of play and was the line out towards the touchline so had more work to do if he had got the ball and a defender to deal with.
I’ve seen it four times from four angles in slow-mo and can’t decide - no problem at all with the referee not blowing for that!
Frankly I’m not even convinced it’s a yellow card (if it was out of the PA) - the ball as you say is more likely to go out than to the attacker’s feet so SPA is doubtful.

Back