A&H

Brentford V Swansea

IMO it's not excessive force - it's just reckless for me. Had they been running head on and he had come through and landed in the same position I would be more inclined to think that the amount of momentum/force in the challenge would have been excessive/endangered the opponent's safety.

For the red card I actually think the initial contact on his achiles is intentional, his reaction immediately after doesn't strike me as the response of an innocent man. It then gets made to look a lot worse because the contact takes him off his feet, but the initial contact is what is key.

In any case, intent is irrelevant and there can't be any doubt at all that it endangered the opponent, who was very lucky to escape serious injury.
Initial contact wasn't on the achilles (and not intentional IMO), the contact was on the side of the foot and it's turned due the player's weight coming on it as he's running. Unfortunate, but not excessive force IMO.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Also, for those of you advocating a red card for this - the contact is clearly not a attempt to tackle, and the ball is out of playing distance, so I can only assume you are dismissing for violent conduct?

Untitled3.png

To be honest, I dare say that had the Balbuena red card not been overturned last month then I reckon I'd have probably agreed that this was a sending off, as I did with the Balbuena one, but it seems that "football expects" these accidental collisions aren't worthy of a dismissal 🤷‍♂️

The Referee Store
Once again the fouled player provided extra theatrics which MAY have influenced the referee.

From what i saw he got up after about a minute.

On replay i don't think excessive force is used so maybe a yellow would have been fairer.

Once again the fouled player provided extra theatrics which MAY have influenced the referee.

From what i saw he got up after about a minute.

On replay i don't think excessive force is used so maybe a yellow would have been fairer.
Wrong thread lol 😂

Back