A&H

Breakaway - GK cramps

refdeedz

Hello, I was wondering what you would do in this situation:

Team A gets a breakaway, Team B GK gets a what seems to be a muscle cramp and it appears to be legitimate. What do you do in this situation?

Stop play or allow play to continue which will surely lead to a goal.

Thanks very much.

The Referee Store
What offence has been committed?

What risk is there to player safety?

None and none. Play on.

It's not Team As fault that he has got cramp. What would Team B expect you to do if it the situation were reversed? In all honesty they would be more than happy to take the goal.

The referee is only required to stop play with the whistle if ITOOTR a serious injury has occurred. Cramp is not a serious injury. I'm guessing this was kid's football?

Hello, I was wondering what you would do in this situation:

Team A gets a breakaway, Team B GK gets a what seems to be a muscle cramp and it appears to be legitimate. What do you do in this situation?

Stop play or allow play to continue which will surely lead to a goal.

Thanks very much.
As others have said, the referee has no reason to stop play. If Team A stops playing, so he can get treatment, that is there decision; but not the referees decision.

Simply allow play to continue.

allow play to continue. if you stopped everytime GK got injured, then the GK would feign injury anytime there is risk of ana attack

The referee is only required to stop play with the whistle if ITOOTR a serious injury has occurred. Cramp is not a serious injury. I'm guessing this was kid's football?
This was an adult game. Player went on a break away. Keeper went out to challenge player then held his leg and dropped on the ground. Player slowed down to the point of jogging. Everyone yelling for a whistle. No whistle. Player kicked ball in the net. Team wasn't happy saying play should have been stopped because keeper was injured. I didn't stop play and goal was counted.

Thanks everyone for your response!

This was an adult game. Player went on a break away. Keeper went out to challenge player then held his leg and dropped on the ground. Player slowed down to the point of jogging. Everyone yelling for a whistle. No whistle. Player kicked ball in the net. Team wasn't happy saying play should have been stopped because keeper was injured. I didn't stop play and goal was counted.

Thanks everyone for your response!

In this situation I think I'd play on and explain after.

If you can stop play in a neutral area (halfway line with no attacking phase, as an example), then do so for a keeper injury.

Otherwise, as alluded to above, what's to stop a keeper 'getting injured' every time the opposition is attacking?

Back