A&H

Breakaway European League.

Apparently Mcguire had words with Woodward in front of the team.
KDB has spoken out.
Luke Shaw, Rashford being bold on Tw***er.

The Referee Store
Delighted rich uncle Roman has reportedly pulled the plug on my beloved club's involvement on the self serving closed shop. :) However the revised Champions League format doesn't appear much better, especially with a free pass given to a side failing to qualify based on past performances, something AC Milan petitioned for a few years ago when they failed to qualify for European competition for the first time in 30 odd years. :mad:

All six English clubs to withdraw from Super League.

This super league may be a blessing in disguise because there is now huge political pressure to introduce fan ownership, like in Germany

It's done!

Football, the fans, the football family (even the media - argh) has done something spectacular there - and dealt with in 48 hours.

Can we now turn our collective attentions to:

Racism
Qatar
Fifa governance
Ownership tests
Collective ownership
Player wages and agents
Respect for officials

...should take us about 14 days :)

What a shambles.
This isn't finished though. The American oligarchs are not going to take kindly to this, the Americans don't like being told what to do.
I hope this prompts some sort of wide reaching study into the way that football is run and financed in this country.

Would have thought it is "impossible" to roll back stock market-related ownership of football clubs. It would mean Boris entering a trade war with the US to repeal private ownership of football clubs and the antithesis of Conservative ideology.

Gambling sponsorship
Owners' test
Fan involvement (board seat etc.)
Player wages as % of turnover
Enforcing stricter financial fair play (and anti financial doping)

This is the kind of stuff that should be hit home now while there is appetite for it. Still hard to see a Boris government facilitating anything that interferes with private business though.

Irony for me is that it is the player wages that crippler clubs.
Combined with lack of competence.

This debacle is a reminder that football as an "industry" and clubs are poorly run, lacking competence, promote from the inside etc.

Would have thought it is "impossible" to roll back stock market-related ownership of football clubs. It would mean Boris entering a trade war with the US to repeal private ownership of football clubs and the antithesis of Conservative ideology.

Gambling sponsorship
Owners' test
Fan involvement (board seat etc.)
Player wages as % of turnover
Enforcing stricter financial fair play (and anti financial doping)

This is the kind of stuff that should be hit home now while there is appetite for it. Still hard to see a Boris government facilitating anything that interferes with private business though.

Irony for me is that it is the player wages that crippler clubs.
Combined with lack of competence.

This debacle is a reminder that football as an "industry" and clubs are poorly run, lacking competence, promote from the inside etc.

i think those are all fair. the ones i think fans care about the most though are incosiderate kick off times (esp where there's no public transport before or after a game so limit 1245 saturday / 4pm sunday and midweek games to as local as possible or ensure transport is available) and make sure games are not moved at short notice (with 4 to 6 weeks of the fixture) to allow fans the opportunity to plan suitable travel.

Fair enough - match scheduling for TV is a tricky one - for clubs/managers as well as fans. Often affected by Europe and cups. At least it's better than the last minute stuff in Spain. But I get you - season ticket holders are more likely to be passionate about e.g. kick off times than betting logos.

Reactions: es1
Fair enough - match scheduling for TV is a tricky one - for clubs/managers as well as fans. Often affected by Europe and cups. At least it's better than the last minute stuff in Spain. But I get you - season ticket holders are more likely to be passionate about e.g. kick off times than betting logos.

But I will say that the excessive sponsorship of gambling companies has to be a consideration. So many bad things come from gambling, but they obviously offer huge sums of money to have prominent sponsorship opportunities. It's not going anywhere, as even in the US sports gambling is now accessible with a touch of a screen.

If football as a whole could get a handle on racism in the game and how to properly moderate the influence of gambling, I'd consider that progress.

To you or to me?

oh absolutely me! it's not that i dont like monday 8pm or saturday 1245 kick offs but that the authorities (including sky and BT who took such a moral high ground in the last 3 days) need to consider. in my younger days when i was single and had no commitments i went across country for a 1245 kick off v norwich leaving manchester at 6am and spurs for a miweek 8pm ko and not getting back until 2 or 3 am. TV companies need to be considerate of fans when making their TV picks and the leagues need to make sure that the midweek rounds minimise travel as much as possible.

actually this reminds me, one thing i cant stand? early evening kick offs for the cup finals as well. absolutely screws fans over coming from the north and they (the tv comapnies, FA, FL, PL etc) couldnt give a toss

Back