A&H

Brazil Vs South Korea

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Minimal contact, but Richarlison certainly made sure the referee was aware of it with the dying swan act!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
oh VAR please… was there any contact at all. I might be a ref but I’m still a fan and that looked like and awful decision. I’m hoping to be proved wrong.

It's spoiled the game. Switched off now, games over as a spectacle for me now. Hopefully, it'll turn into a great game and I'll watch the highlights later.

These goal celebrations are getting beyond silly now...

(Also much prefer thread titles with just the two teams playing.)

On one hand I’m like, well, it IS the biggest stage to score a goal on… go mad, enjoy it.

And on the other I’m a miserable old bugger who’s tutting at the screen 😂

(And YES to thread(s) / titles like this. Couldn’t give two farts who the assistant reserve shoe-lace polisher for the fourth official’s nan’s cat is)

Thinking kicking the underside of an opponent's boot is going to hurt the fouler more than the foulee if they catch the studs.

Can remember Carles Puyol @ Barca giving a couple of his younger team mates an earful for disrespecting the opposition with their excessive celebrations when they were winning 4/5-0!

It was a clear penalty, he was kicked full force on the bottom of the foot. Granted it wouldn't have hurt as much as Richarlison made out, but that doesn't mean it isn't a penalty.
Never ever in a proper game of football is that a penalty but we’ve allowed the PL to lead us down this path. He kicked his toe end. It’s not even a foul in the real world. But this is what we’ve allowed the game to become

Never ever in a proper game of football is that a penalty but we’ve allowed the PL to lead us down this path. He kicked his toe end. It’s not even a foul in the real world. But this is what we’ve allowed the game to become
You don’t consider kicking an opponent with some force to be careless at best?

Crazy isn’t it? Cameroon player sent off against Brazil for taking his shirt off, but Brazil players can literally spend a minute doing an entire dance routine

I think it’s an easy penalty to give. The defender has been very silly and not been quick enough to kick the ball and has kicked the opponent. Now, at grassroots it might appear trifling and - context is everything- you might wave it away … but it’s still an easy one to give… ITOTR

I have to ask this, are you actually a referee? As some of your recent comments don't seem to show any understanding of the laws of the game.

He has made a full force swing of his leg and made contact with the opponent, it wasn't a little a tap. It really was a very, very clear penalty, presumably why none of the defending players even batted an eyelid at it being given, and the VAR check was completed in seconds.

@RustyRef He talks so much sh*te, it makes me looks relatively sane. Only person I’ve got on block. Nonsense guaranteed.

I have to ask this, are you actually a referee? As some of your recent comments don't seem to show any understanding of the laws of the game.

He has made a full force swing of his leg and made contact with the opponent, it wasn't a little a tap. It really was a very, very clear penalty, presumably why none of the defending players even batted an eyelid at it being given, and the VAR check was completed in seconds.
Maybe no where near your level and I’m always open to learn but I can also have my opinions and don’t need to agree. Richarlison actually planted his foot and then went down. If he didn’t go down would you still have said penalty.
I understand them, doesn’t mean I have to like them. That would just be rather silly.

Back