A&H

Bou v Cry P

The Referee Store
Fully expected RC due to the length of the check but glad he didn’t get one

He didn't mean it, but that 100% should be a red card under current laws. I'm a bit baffled as to how VAR took a long time looking at that and ruled that it didn't endanger the opponent, yes he won the ball but the follow through was extremely dangerous.

He didn't mean it, but that 100% should be a red card under current laws. I'm a bit baffled as to how VAR took a long time looking at that and ruled that it didn't endanger the opponent, yes he won the ball but the follow through was extremely dangerous.
Apparently not.... lots of time to assess it and come to that decision.... If only they reviewed subjective decisions more!!!

Am yellow for reckless.
Had his other leg made contact, as it nearly did, then red.
For me, its one of those, you got the ball but the follow through was reckless
I totally understand why folk would say red but, not for me

Reminded me of the Jagielka challenge v Wolves first game of last season when he seen red and i thought ok thats the way forward.

Then Kompany done a very similar one on Salah (not sure if he was cautioned) and then this yesterday which was 100% a red card in todays game.

1:38 mate
Nice one thanks. Now that I recall, I had seen it, but only after a few too many shandies!
Maybe Atwell's view was blocked, but no excuse for another VAR, paralysed in their shipping container
The only good thing about it, is the EPL continue to ignore that awful on-field review circus, so at least the wrong decision was arrived at quickly

Last edited:
Nice one thanks. Now that I recall, I had seen it, but only after a few too many shandies!
Maybe Atwell's view was blocked, but no excuse for another VAR, paralysed in their shipping container
The only good thing about it, is the EPL continue to ignore that awful on-field review circus, so at least the wrong decision was arrived at quickly

got to say, yesterday I was one of the ones who was happy that a RC wasn’t shown. Ball to be won, cant do anything about etc. However rewatching that reply a few times, I’ve changed my mind.

Back