A&H

Bottled It

Anubis

RefChat Addict
Incredible scenes at Hampden last night as Scotland ' score' a third goal, Armenia defender is enraged at the lack of flag, so picks up a water bottle from the post, and throws, actually chucks with all the power in his body, at the AR.
Its not just a roll in frustration, its an Olympic gold effort in throwing, combined with rage in the face

Goal chalked off by VAR after review, but, staggering how this clear red card was missed

maybe the lino never realised where the bottle had come from but, given the choice of var analysing an offside, or, who chucked a bottle at a match official, something is amiss when this incident is, well, missed

The Referee Store
Malcolm in the VAR Truck peering over his spectacles at the list of protocols. "Says nothing here about bottles, play on!"

as usual I dont know how to post links on ipad

its the clearest v/c you can hope for.

maybe it has to blind the var to be reviewed

Not sure how that wasn't looked at, can only assume they were focused purely on the offside decision and just didn't see it. There should be retrospective action, but the player and nation would argue it wasn't thrown at the AR and rather just generally towards the touchline in order to get rid of a dangerous item from behind the goal.

That might be his defence, the reality being its clearly in anger at an offside call,
Had he just fired it at random at any other point, then maybe that excuse would stick
Chucking an item so dangerous it needs wellied at a match official

Will never happen but simple life time ban, problem solved

unless as always we wait until a copycat takes someones eye

That might be his defence, the reality being its clearly in anger at an offside call,
Had he just fired it at random at any other point, then maybe that excuse would stick
Chucking an item so dangerous it needs wellied at a match official

Will never happen but simple life time ban, problem solved

unless as always we wait until a copycat takes someones eye
Even at grass roots they wouldn't support a lifetime ban as the worst it could be described at is attempted assault on a match official. At pro level there's no chance, the lawyers would be all over it and you'd be talking a 3 or 4 game ban at worst.

Even at grass roots they wouldn't support a lifetime ban as the worst it could be described at is attempted assault on a match official. At pro level there's no chance, the lawyers would be all over it and you'd be talking a 3 or 4 game ban at worst.

Sadly yip. And this is why we see thngs like this.

i do recall Celtic v Rapid in like 87 or whenever, a bottle thrown from crowd landed nowhere near the Rapid player, game got replayed, at Old Traffford

I really cant imagine Ken Dochety picking up a bottle and chucking it in direction of the snooker referee. If he did, he would be facing a life ban

in footballl, it is merely a slap on wrists for misconduct, more chance getting a bigger fine or ban for clothing with unauthorised advertising

You can see from that clip that as the bottle is flying through the air, the AR moves across the camera ~30 yards closer towards the half way line and running forward so facing up the field. It's clear dissent, but (and I mean this literally) nowhere near assault.

Anubis says in the OP that he doubts the AR knew where the bottle came from. I'd go a step further and say given his likely position and direction he's facing when the bottle landed, I'd be quite surprised if he even knew a bottle was thrown.

Sadly yip. And this is why we see thngs like this.

i do recall Celtic v Rapid in like 87 or whenever, a bottle thrown from crowd landed nowhere near the Rapid player, game got replayed, at Old Traffford

I really cant imagine Ken Dochety picking up a bottle and chucking it in direction of the snooker referee. If he did, he would be facing a life ban

in footballl, it is merely a slap on wrists for misconduct, more chance getting a bigger fine or ban for clothing with unauthorised advertising
The Hurricane did wallop a Referee however. Got banned for it as I recall. He was a bit of an exception WRT snooker's normal gentlemanly conduct tho

The throwing of the bottle was an extreme act of Violent Conduct (given that it was directed at a MO);
but it's unsurprising that VAR & the Officials chose to ignore it. The culture in Reffing is to 'clearly & obviously' look after one's promotion prospects or status at the top level far more than it is to apply the LOTG and look after the best interests of the game

The Hurricane did wallop a Referee however. Got banned for it as I recall. He was a bit of an exception WRT snooker's normal gentlemanly conduct tho

The throwing of the bottle was an extreme act of Violent Conduct (given that it was directed at a MO);
but it's unsurprising that VAR & the Officials chose to ignore it. The culture in Reffing is to 'clearly & obviously' look after one's promotion prospects or status at the top level far more than it is to apply the LOTG and look after the best interests of the game

Yes, and as Rusty suggests, a grass roots copy cat, chucking it at us, will get three games
No wonder the temptation there to pretend we also never saw it, absolutely no point typing that report and subsequent hearing, where its us on trial, and then a reputation for being a trouble maker

Yes, and as Rusty suggests, a grass roots copy cat, chucking it at us, will get three games
No wonder the temptation there to pretend we also never saw it, absolutely no point typing that report and subsequent hearing, where its us on trial, and then a reputation for being a trouble maker

2 years ago a player removing and throwing his shirt at me got 6 games from county.

I sent a keeper off a few years ago and he threw his gloves at me before storming off. I put the details in the report (this was when you had to put in details of all dismissals) and sent it off. A couple of days later I had a phone call from County asking if I wanted to bother with the technical assault! I wasn't impressed.

I sent a keeper off a few years ago and he threw his gloves at me before storming off. I put the details in the report (this was when you had to put in details of all dismissals) and sent it off. A couple of days later I had a phone call from County asking if I wanted to bother with the technical assault! I wasn't impressed.
Have had the EXACT same incident and same phone call. My response was "I report the facts, you apply the sanctions."

Late catching up but shock horror, the bottle throwing melt from a few days ago did eventually get his red card, 44 min in the return match, at 1-0 up,
foul, yellow card, head stuck into Scotland player, yellow card

will no doubt serve his one match ban then back on the pitch to end someones career

Back