A&H

Boring assesment game

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
Had my third and final 7-6 assesment today, finished 11-0 to orange.... Gave a grand total of 5 fouls, 3/4 offsides, and had one half hearted attempt at dissent.

Was one of those games where you almost find yourself a spectator as opposed to referee.

Ahh well, hopefully the mark will be the mark needed for promotion as this is my thirds and final assesment. LOTG test ok Thursday and then simply got to get the 20 in and hope my club marks are high enough...

Hopefully you guys had a more exciting (in a good way) game!!

The Referee Store
Callum , I just hope the assessment is counted as valid ?

For my 7-6 I had a 10 3 finish , and on my 6-5 I had a 6 0 game

Neither were put towards my assessed games as in the eyes of the KCFA the fixture was not competitive enough

Utter rubbish in my eyes , argued my point . but they still didn't count

Good luck

I think it will be...

Spoken to a level 4 colleague who had a similar situation... He said that a 'standard' match can still get a high mark, as the referee keeps it under control and shouldn't just be written off as a 'standard' mark...

I could've missed 20 fouls today and it would still have been 11-0, but I had a good game... What do you think of that?? If I were to get a low mark would I have grounds to appeal based on those grounds??

Sorry to hear about those games... Trust you still got all your assessments in??

It sounds very much like a game that would be classified 'not suitable for assessment' and therefore I can't see it counting. With a long time still to go in the assessment season I fully expect you to be assessed again

Callum I agree totally with you , no matter what the score is you have a game to control .....in the 10 3 game I did, I issued 8 cautions, it was an awful day I got all big calls correct, worked hard and thought I had nailed it

To be told by your assessor on the day that the game probably wont count because of the score line is pretty soul destroying !!!

I argued the point with the relevant people at the Fa to no avail

For instance , what happens if you need to send a second player off early in a game ?

Will this cloud your judgement , knowing that it will probably kill the game and the assessment

Its a damned if you do ,damned if you don't situation

Does this rule apply within any other FA ??

I think it will be...

Spoken to a level 4 colleague who had a similar situation... He said that a 'standard' match can still get a high mark, as the referee keeps it under control and shouldn't just be written off as a 'standard' mark...

I could've missed 20 fouls today and it would still have been 11-0, but I had a good game... What do you think of that?? If I were to get a low mark would I have grounds to appeal based on those grounds??

Sorry to hear about those games... Trust you still got all your assessments in??
Callum, there is no right of appeal for a promotion assessment. If you are concerned about the validity of the assessment I suggest you speak to your District assessor co-ordinator in a few days when the report has been sent to you and him/her. they will be able to give you more relevant and accurate advice that people not involved in your promotion process.

Probably a good idea to wait and see what the assessment report says first Callum, before wasting your energies worrying about ;)

Probably a good idea to wait and see what the assessment report says first Callum, before wasting your energies worrying about ;)
Of course. I've had a 78 and an 80 so far so unless it's terrible I will still meat the required for promotion...

It sounds very much like a game that would be classified 'not suitable for assessment' and therefore I can't see it counting. With a long time still to go in the assessment season I fully expect you to be assessed again
Even the most one-sided uneventful game can be useful for you to be assessed on.

In these matches, the small technial faults you may have are easily spotted and can be mentioned. For example:
  • turning you back on the players after a goal too quickly;
  • not dealing with subs in accordance with LOTG;
  • not dealing with injuried players correctly;
  • signals & pro-active vocal skills;
  • working with CAR's;
  • Advantange.
Because a game is one sided, it does not mean that it is unsuitable. Principally depends on what the assessor can say / judge you on.

Pleased to be proven wrong. Only disappointment would be that due to it being a one sided game it probably dragged your mark down a touch I.e. Less chance to prove your skills!

Sorry Callum , how rude !!!!

Well done mate :D

Get onto your 5 asap...... or straight to 4 if you fancy it ??
Haha, thanks mate!!

Spoke to my rdo about doing 7-5, and he said he wants me to do a season at each level... Happy to do that though as I'm at uni still so no rush to hit 4 really...

Only downside really is I got 3/5 for application of law due to a lack of opportunity really... Still a good enough score though so I won't be complaining :D

Roll on level 6 (assuming I pass this exam!!)

7-6 is pretty law based ,you should be fine ......whereas the 6-5 I found very open to personal interpretation , and was worried about the results !!

Somehow I passed with my outlandish theories on how to ref a game of football ?? ;)

Haha, thanks mate!!

Spoke to my rdo about doing 7-5, and he said he wants me to do a season at each level... Happy to do that though as I'm at uni still so no rush to hit 4 really...

Only downside really is I got 3/5 for application of law due to a lack of opportunity really... Still a good enough score though so I won't be complaining :D

Roll on level 6 (assuming I pass this exam!!)

the standard mark for ANY category is 3.5
To receive a 3.0 I would expect an explanation as to the mistake(s) in law I made
Having said that, I would be delighted with anything above a 70 in the match you described. The assessor obviously didn't think it was a "standard" match

Back