A&H

Blowing full time

CO. DOWN REF

Level 7 Referee
Bitty, bitchy, yappy game (9 yellow + 1 red with several on final warnings) - one team claiming too much added time, the other not enough for the perceived time wasting of the other. Blew it bang on 90.00 (96 odds on the running watch) with 1 team in a good position. Justified?

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I don't add time (unless last min penalty) i stop the watch on each occasion so therefore match is 90 minutes duration, unless a situation dictates otherwise.

ive had games with no additional?

although I tend to play at least a minute of added ... its a nice little 'something'

anyway, I stop my watch on the count down so I actually play to 90 minutes, if I've stopped the watch for 5 minutes then they'll get 5 minutes added

I once had 8 minutes, manager moaned, I showed him how it works and he said 'oh sorry ref, that's fair enough then! I thought you was just keeping the game going and forgot to look at the watch!' we had a good laugh after

People always go with trying not to add on time I'm always adding on Time for injuries and subs

I always run 2 watches - one all through and one stop-start. If I "lose" the stop-start one, I'll take a decision on added time, otherwise I just blow when the stop-start watch hits 45.

Back