A&H

Blackburn v PNE - advantage/yellow

puddles15

Tom Bramall having a great game in the middle at the moment.

One thing I wanted to clarify - PNE player chops down BR attacker who is running at goal ~40yds out. Ref plays good advantage which comes to nothing and then goes back to caution PNE culprit.

Given it shouldn’t be advantage and a caution if deemed SPA, can it be advantage and a caution if it’s a reckless challenge (ie ref is correct)?

The Referee Store
I've not seen it, but as I understand it, a reckless challenge is a reckless challenge regardless of whether there's an advantage or not.

If it had been an SPA offence, then the advantage would have been sufficient I think, but if the challenge was deemed to be a yellow card offence on merit then that would still apply.

He must have had a good game because Don Goodman has just said so! 😂

Given it shouldn’t be advantage and a caution if deemed SPA, can it be advantage and a caution if it’s a reckless challenge (ie ref is correct)?
absolutely. The theory is that if the advantage remained, that the promising attack wasn’t prevented. (This isn’t quite true in fact— advantage is measured against the FK that would be awarded, not the potential attack before the foul; so a tactical foul can significantly disadvantage the opposing team and go unpunished because the potential attack left is still better than the FK would be.)

Back