A&H

Bit of an oddity - what to do?

The Bstard

Back down in park footballl this Saturday(occasionally nice to get back).

Easy, easy game - one team won 10-0. Team that are losing are eight down with 10 minutes to play and are attacking. I look back as the ball goes out for a GK to see the losing team's keeper having a crafty pint while chatting to his mates! Obviously I shout at him to stop, but should I/could I have done more by Laws? I had absolutely no idea. Obviously you're not allowed to play inebriated, but is there anything to say he a) can't and b) how to deal?

The Referee Store
It would come under USB...the old Q&A had something about using a mobile phone on the field being a YC. But, the current laws don't make it mandatory, so given the nature of the game and the victimless nature of the incident, you could probably just have a word.

Or go over and have a swig? :) (jk)

Glass pint pot? Major no no. Alcohol being consumed in sight of the pitch (let alone on it)? Again this is not allowed (at least in wales) and is a report.

Whether you would do anything other than go over and and have a word of warning though at this level? As long as he took it on board and the behaviour stopped immediately

Back