A&H

Best Ground and Biggest Crowd You've Refereed?

The Referee Store
Biggest ground - Underhill - old Barnet ground
Biggest crowd/best atmosphere - Womens League Cup Final between two Championship teams - local derby
Best pitch - Harrow School - it is like a bowling green with pitch markings!

Arsenal (Highbury), Chelsea, QPR, Tottenham (Old Ground), Millwall, Fulham and Stevenage.

And not forgetting the mighty Gillingham. What an experience.

As a proper appointment had MK Dons Ladies v Plymouth Argyle Ladies at the start of the season and 1100 people at Stadium:MK. That was the biggest crowd I’ve refereed in front of. The noise as we came out of the tunnel gave me goosebumps. Decent stadium as well, and first game at an EFL ground I’ve been in the middle for. Pitch is huge though. Knew about it for several days afterwards.

It wasn’t a proper appointment but was also pulled out of the crowd to take over as fourth official for an FA cup 4th round qualifier between Luton Town (then in Conference) and St Albans City. About 6,500 people at Kenilworth Road.

As a proper appointment had MK Dons Ladies v Plymouth Argyle Ladies at the start of the season and 1100 people at Stadium:MK. That was the biggest crowd I’ve refereed in front of. The noise as we came out of the tunnel gave me goosebumps. Decent stadium as well, and first game at an EFL ground I’ve been in the middle for. Pitch is huge though. Knew about it for several days afterwards.

It wasn’t a proper appointment but was also pulled out of the crowd to take over as fourth official for an FA cup 4th round qualifier between Luton Town (then in Conference) and St Albans City. About 6,500 people at Kenilworth Road.

I was on the line yesterday for an MK Dons Ladies game at a ground near me, attendance was about 1070 less than your figure!:(

Reffed at Etihad in front of about 3 people.
Lined for Howard Webb 3 months before he did a world cup final in front of 4,000 at Hillsborough.
I think I've peaked already.

Back