A&H

Ball pressure

So junior AR does the ball and afterall as referee it not how you want it so you end up doing it anyway!
Or two mins in its clear you have to change ball, are you really going to point at the junior AR and go, sorry lads that was him?
your the ref, your ball.

If the junior AR makes sure the balls are at 11 psi, which is kind of the accepted standard where I am, there is no issue. Was also the same on the Conference, 4th official sorts the balls out whilst the other three are out warming up.

The Referee Store
So junior AR does the ball and after all as referee it not how you want it so you end up doing it anyway!
Or two mins in its clear you have to change ball, are you really going to point at the junior AR and go, sorry lads that was him?
your the ref, your ball.
You give the instructions and the AR complies. If you think that is not going to be the case then I say you have bigger problems to deal with than ball pressure.
If its just a preference thing then all is good but otherwise I suggest you give them a go at doing it for you and you'd be surprised that most of them follow instructions well. And for the few who don't, best to figure it out before the game starts or early in the game ;)

Back