A&H

Ball not out but I blew for a throw in?

JA77

I thought ball went out for throw in , play continued briefly and I blew and said throw in. Linesman said the ball didn’t go out!

unfortunately I had blown.

I went for a drop ball who kicked it back to the team who in possession when I thought ball went out.

Any thoughts?

The Referee Store
I thought ball went out for throw in , play continued briefly and I blew and said throw in. Linesman said the ball didn’t go out!

unfortunately I had blown.

I went for a drop ball who kicked it back to the team who in possession when I thought ball went out.

Any thoughts?

Linesman?

Qualified Neutral Assistant or just a club lino/sub/parent?

You're the ref. If you think the ball went out, then it did. I certainly wouldn't be letting a club lino "overrule" me (because that's effectively what's happened here).

Easier to just hold your hands up and say "Okay, I may have got that wrong guys - but we'll just go with it anyway". 😉👍

Linesman?

Qualified Neutral Assistant or just a club lino/sub/parent?

You're the ref. If you think the ball went out, then it did. I certainly wouldn't be letting a club lino "overrule" me (because that's effectively what's happened here).

Easier to just hold your hands up and say "Okay, I may have got that wrong guys - but we'll just go with it anyway". 😉👍
Or just let said lino do job in first place.

No two situations are the same. I was once a scientist (BSc), but have turned to art, since taking to the whistle

The law is pretty clear on this. When a dropped ball is given for whatever reason, unless it's one of those where it's being dropped for the keeper,

the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball

Back