A&H

Bailly 'Challenge'

The Referee Store
far side AR would have had best view? Can only guess he did not think credibility wise he could get involved.
You can get involved from anywhere, the most credible thing you can do is get the decision right !!
ref might not have seen the actual contact but he simply must have seen the high boot at least so is he saying he had no issues with the height of the boot !!??

Agree it should be a penalty, but a red card? Not sure about that.

Edit - re-watched video, and am changing my mind based on the proximity of his foot to the head. My, he’s got long legs!

Last edited:
You not think that is excessive force ?

(I suspect you posted before I edited my post) ... I think he was reckless, but I don’t think he has used excessive force - I don’t think there is much force, the problem is the rotation of his leg & where is foot ends up: due to his long legs (and a suppleness I can only dream of!) his foot has ended up near the opposition head, hence a RC for endangering the safety of an opponent.

(I suspect you posted before I edited my post) ... I think he was reckless, but I don’t think he has used excessive force - I don’t think there is much force, the problem is the rotation of his leg & where is foot ends up: due to his long legs (and a suppleness I can only dream of!) his foot has ended up near the opposition head, hence a RC for endangering the safety of an opponent.
My rule of thumb;
DP + Contact = SFP

Back