A&H

Baggies v Villa

The Referee Store
While I get that Kavanagh is trying to let the game flow, he will need to clamp down on things more in the 2nd half. This is ready to explode at the end of the half.

How has he not given that foul on McGinn on the edge of the box... he is clearly holding him, actually has a fist full of his shirt and the ref is very clearly unobstructed.

Reactions: JH
So Brunt, rightly, gets carded.

The commentator says it was clearly reckless, but is lucky not to be sent off.
Reckless is a cautionable offence.
Was it worthy of SFP? Not for me.

So Brunt, rightly, gets carded.

The commentator says it was clearly reckless, but is lucky not to be sent off.
Reckless is a cautionable offence.
Was it worthy of SFP? Not for me.
Personally for me i would say it is an orange card due to being reckless in the tackle but their was a little bit of excessive force but a genuine attempt to play the ball.

I didn't like how long it took to get the card out. I think that made the referee look indecisive given that imo I think it was a nailed on caution.
Very much looked like the reaction of Villa swayed him, I'm not sure he was sending him.

I didn't like how long it took to get the card out. I think that made the referee look indecisive given that imo I think it was a nailed on caution.

Agreed.
For a yellow, yes take your time. But for a second yellow/straight red, that needs more decisive thinking. I honestly thought, and so did the commentators, he got away with it.
There were plenty of instances he showed a languid approach to a lot of things, similar to Pawson in the Leeds game.
Granted right outcome in the end, but no need for the time it took.

How did both clubs get away with wearing white shorts AND white socks?
Stuff the need to crab low to find who it comes off in a group of players, or who makes a foul etc.

Screenshot_20190514-223322.png

Usually a decent ref but wasn’t at his best last night. Not sure if the occasion got the better of him but there seemed to be a fair bit missed. Got the big decisions right though

Back