A&H

Badge Velcro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran W

Does anyone know where I can get a Velcro (or something similar) kit from so I can swap the badge on my kit?

The Referee Store
@Kieran W I'm assuming you're not married at age 18, so I would recommend speaking to your Mum. She can show you how to sew some velcro on to your current kit (or a new shirt), and likewise on to the appropriate badges. Not being sexist, just realistic and practical. AFAIK you cannot buy kit with velcro pre-attached, so its time to get the haberdashery skills up to speed :eek:

@Kieran W I'm assuming you're not married at age 18, so I would recommend speaking to your Mum. She can show you how to sew some velcro on to your current kit (or a new shirt), and likewise on to the appropriate badges. Not being sexist, just realistic and practical. AFAIK you cannot buy kit with velcro pre-attached, so its time to get the haberdashery skills up to speed :eek:

Or I could get her to do it for me :p. Thanks @xPositor

What about sewing press studs on? I've tried the double sided tape, maybe mine was just rubbish but it didn't hold. Any sewing/craft store or haberdashery....do you guys have Lincraft or Spotlight over there? .....will have it.

What about sewing press studs on? I've tried the double sided tape, maybe mine was just rubbish but it didn't hold. Any sewing/craft store or haberdashery....do you guys have Lincraft or Spotlight over there? .....will have it.
You would have to make sure that every badge had the studs on exactly the same spots, otherwise it will ruck the shirt when you fix them on.

I stand to be corrected, but I haven't seen a professional looking Velcro set up yet. I've seen a lot of refs/assistants out with me doing it and the badge always looks stuck on, rather than part of the kit.

I stand to be corrected, but I haven't seen a professional looking Velcro set up yet. I've seen a lot of refs/assistants out with me doing it and the badge always looks stuck on, rather than part of the kit.
Agreed but if the badge is needed, better a badge with Velcro than no badge at all. Some competition organisers get very hot under the collar about no badge or wrong badge... like it matters in the grand scheme of things.

id most likely just buy another shirt with the badge sewed, and have a shirt for each county ... assuming you want it as your part of 2 counties?

00F25D33-CDA8-43C0-94AF-C9BD10F8CBE4.jpeg

Please don’t bump 2 year old thread to try and sell your stuff. We have a classifieds section for that. Consider this an informal warning @robbiebloo next time it’ll be more formal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back