A&H

Awful Match Yesterday

Ref abuse in its various guises is never any fun, especially aimed at the newer and younger referees. I've lined at a game before where the first thing the new referee asked me was how to eject a parent. What a question?

Later in the second half this Herbert shouted you effing c** in my ear when i flagged offside. [ pity parent thing offside is when the lads receives the ball and not when it is kicked]. With the barrage of abusive language, the ref asked me to eject the parent. No problems. Talking directly at the coach. He was asked to remove the parent or face abandonment and possible a fine. It amazing how quickly managers move when monies involved. Parent ejected, player [son of mouthy] carded for swearing at the ref [good one ref] game continued. No problems.

Edit by Ross: Please don't keep pimping your book in posts - you've made enough posts with it in now

The Referee Store
i have to stress to you that if you ever feel threatened on a fop blow the whistle, and head for the changing rooms, when you get there, lock the door and call the police. You have actually been assaulted in this match by the player running towards you with the fist, screaming all sorts of foul language.

you do not get paid enough, nor do you deserve to take this.

Back