The Ref Stop

AVL v TOT

captainwinsor

Surprised no one is discussing the Kane penalty. Did I miss something? It looked like the keeper was there first and Kane dropped his leg down to trip over him. The ref didn’t think it was a penalty but then VAR gets involved and all of a sudden it’s overturned.

The Ref Stop
i thought this was a clear act of simulation as soon as a saw it. kane is clearly dropping to initiate contact with Martinez, which he succeeds in doing and then goes down. cheating rewarded yet again

i thought this was a clear act of simulation as soon as a saw it. Kane is clearly dropping to initiate contact with Martinez, which he succeeds in doing and then goes down. cheating rewarded yet again
But he is the England Captain, so he can do no wrong....

yes, it wasn't a penalty, as Kane initiated the contact.

But he is the England Captain, so he can do no wrong....

yes, it wasn't a penalty, as Kane initiated the contact.
kane gets away with so much!

those backing in fouls where he upends a player already in the air, incredibly dangerous (think he actually got a pen for this once as well)
he's committed some really poor tackles in the past (easy reds) and only got yellow
not to mention these dives

well corner is definitely wrong as keeper doesn't touch it
Could be. But that doesn’t make it reviewable As CK/GK is not a reviewable error. (Though I suspect it will be someday after a wrongly awarded CK results in a high profile goal.)

Could be. But that doesn’t make it reviewable As CK/GK is not a reviewable error. (Though I suspect it will be someday after a wrongly awarded CK results in a high profile goal.)
oh absolutely, not suggesting that's what it was reviewed.

IMO the only clear and obvious error in the play is the award of a corner (I mean aside from not recognising the dive). if the referee says to VAR that he thinks its not a pen because it's a fair tackle and the balls gone out for a corner then that is 100% wrong and maybe why we ended up where we are

Back