A&H

Atkinson: Utd v Chelsea

deusex

RefChat Addict
Anyone watch this?
Pretty poor performance from MA.
The decision not to caution Young for the clearest tactical foul you could dream of (for no other reason than it was "only" the 35th minute) set the standard for the day.
I am embarrassed to admit Man Utd had clearly been told to kick lumps out of Hazard. And so they did, with Hazard getting harsly cautioned late on.
MA let Rooney tell him to f*ck off, call him a p*ick then to walk of CONTINUING the dissent only to meekly call Rooney back for... more chat!!! Rooney made MA (and all refs) look an absolute mug.
Then there was the Rooney "tackle". The fact Rooney was stamping on an area where the ball never was shows what a malicious challenge it was. AR should have been screaming RED down the comms.
Worst ref performance I've seen live this season.

The Referee Store
Rooney = protected. Remember he wasn't sent off for stamping on Carvalho's gonads, but because Ronaldo winked :hmmm:

I noticed you didn't pick up on any of the things that the Chelsea players got away with. Never a bias referee are you??

I noticed you didn't pick up on any of the things that the Chelsea players got away with. Never a bias referee are you??

As a Man Utd supporter of 20 years I dare say any bias certainly isn't toward Chelsea.
I feel the two decisions that went against Man Utd (Azpilicueta tackle on Mata was a pen for me) were much less clear cut and wouldn't criticize any referee for them.
I may be judging MA too harshly because my biggest bias is that I f***ing despise Wayne Rooney!

For Atkinson was far too lenient towards both sides....

To be honest (as a Chelsea fan) was surprised, but very relieved handball wasn't given against Willian. Looked like the ball bounced up on him, but there was definite movement of his arm towards the ball. Very lucky, falls under "seen them given".

For all the cards/lack of cards, Herrera was extremely lucky. Committed several fouls that looked nailed on yellows in their own right and probably should have been carded eventually for (very) persistent infringement. Hazard's challenge/card was probably born out of frustration at some of the treatment he received.

Didn't think Azpilicueta challenge on Mata was a foul, go more than enough of the ball for me.

Glad I am not the only one who can't stand Rooney. Awful "challenge", looked even worse with the countless replays with Atkinson appearing to be well placed with a good view. Commentary team highlighted that Atkinson apparently hasn't shown any red cards this season (and applauded him for it :confused: ). Atkinson was also the referee that allowed Burnley's Barnes "leg breaker" on Matic to go unpunished last season. So hints at a track record of being too lenient with some challenges.

Speaking on Matic, should be giving his "wages" to charity or giving them back to his employers after that shocking miss when put clean through by Pedro! :mad:

Last edited:
Back