A&H

Assistant help

RLB

Hi everyone! Have my first game in the middle with qualified assistants tonight, I think I remember most things bust could someone give me a list of things to brief them before the game?

Many Thanks

Ryan

The Referee Store
Given that time is short ....

Work up the field briefing on the pitch before team sheet exchange. Goal Kicks, Throw Ins, Fouls & Misconduct, Offsides, Penalties, Mass Confrontations & Match Record

Then do a warm up

Then, before getting the teams out, logistics like Kit Check, Net Check, Coin Toss, Respect Handshake etc

Reactions: RLB
All of the above .....but don't forget to add any personal bits to suit the way you referee a game '

For instance ...One of mine is ..."if I give an Advantage please note the player who made the tackle as I am likely to forget "

That kind of thing ? ;)

Reactions: RLB
Thanks for the advise, i used it all! and definitely helped! :)

Found the game quite challenging but i enjoyed it and felt i did well, my assistants, one which was a level 5 praised me for the decisions i made and how i refereed the game. I had to dismiss the away manager from the technical area in the second half, he was abusive and swearing throughout the game, i gave him a clear warning just after the second half. 10 minutes later a decision went against him, he said " oh f**k off ref", as i walked over he was already walking to the stands as he knew he was off!

Just finished my first misconduct report! :)

Back