A&H

Assaulted :(

MonRef89

Level 5 Referee
hi guys. Been moochinh around for a while now and love the forum. Unfortunately I must post saying I was victim of assault this past weekend. The home teams discipline was disgusting throughout the game and were more interested in kicking players than the ball. I had already sent off a home player for a headbutt in the first half when he reacted to the late challenege and even after that i got qccused of "ruining the game blah blah blah". Unreal.
Anyway second half. Ten mins to go. Away winning 2-1 and the ball bobbles over home gk foot and goes into net. Away strikes says something to rile him which was inaudible to me. Cue gk running out and booting away player in the thigh. I got over and got the cherry out. His head went down then he looked at me in a bloody evil manner walked up to me, called me a 'shambles' and put his hand on my chin and pushed me back. Thankfully I was being assessed and the leage secretary was present as witnesses. My assessment was spot on and i was backed up by them excellently. Manager of home side had the nerve to come up to me ft and complain about my decisions!!!!!!!! What is happening???? I thought these days were gone. I love refereeing and I'm not gonna let this child stop me but my god its a challenge for us not to react. Anyway report is in and his looking at a long time on his sofa. Good riddance.

The Referee Store
@MonRef89 I was going to like your post but then realised that would be wrong. I'd just type it. I like the way you handled it and putting it behind you. Keep blowing that whistle :)

Last edited:
Very saddening that out of a mere hundred or so active members here there's a good few assault threads going...

Maybe 5% or so? Totally unacceptable statistics there.

Glad youre OK bud.

Back