A&H

Asking the time All the time!!

That exactly what happens someone asks you say 5 !!! Then there’s an injury or a long penalty you add in the time and then you get irate managers and parents shouting you said 5 ! 8 mins ago and it then gets nasty !!! But I honestly hear what everyone is saying and I will take it on board thanks
That happened to me in one of my first games reffing. A coach asked the time, i said 5 mins left. There was an injury where i stopped the watch for about 3 1/2 minutes. Restarted the game, played the extra time and the other team equalised. He was jumping up and down on the sideline saying that i'd played too much time. After the game, i reminded him of the injury to one of his players and he still wouldn't accept it, so from then on i've been as vague as possible - 5 mins plus injury time would be my answer now (regardless of if there has been any injuries or not).

The Referee Store
That happened to me in one of my first games reffing. A coach asked the time, i said 5 mins left. There was an injury where i stopped the watch for about 3 1/2 minutes. Restarted the game, played the extra time and the other team equalised. He was jumping up and down on the sideline saying that i'd played too much time. After the game, i reminded him of the injury to one of his players and he still wouldn't accept it, so from then on i've been as vague as possible - 5 mins plus injury time would be my answer now (regardless of if there has been any injuries or not).
Wow thank god someone agrees with me on that one ! Players yes coaches no !!!! Saves the grief one always gets in that situation that you talk about ! Thanks

A balding lad asked me how long had gone yesterday... He was panting....I said there are 41 minutes left..IN THE FIRST HALF! He’d obviously retired and was making a special effort for the game. We had a chuckle!

I have seen me be asked by a player whose team been mullered , how long ref
And i say...3 mins
They go,.....oh thank fck..

Then i smile and go. "But we have 14 mins stoppage time!!"

I only start to let on its a wind up when they stop turning green
Lol love it !!!!

Back