A&H

Asking about disciplinary outcome

Zimmyman

Are referees allowed to ask the CFA about any disciplinary outcomes if one cannot find it on the county suspension list !!! Are we allowed to ask
Or do we just keep white

The Referee Store
I suggest you forget about it if you want to continue enjoying refereeing. You will be disappointed with the outcomes (if any) more often than not. And it's very rare you can do much about it.

Enquiring about disciplinary outcomes is not encouraged. My local amateur league actually publishes a list of suspensions so sometimes you can an idea but this by no means the norm.

You can ask, but I would question the benefit of doing so. As others have said, you have finished your job once you have submitted on MOAS, or attended a hearing if required, and if you find out the player got off or got a lower sanction than you though he should there's nothing you can do about it.

I agree with the above advice completely but if desperate, ask your RA secretary if they’re willing to ask. I too would advise against it as I was disappointed and hadn’t had the advice at the time.

You can ask, but I would question the benefit of doing so. As others have said, you have finished your job once you have submitted on MOAS, or attended a hearing if required, and if you find out the player got off or got a lower sanction than you though he should there's nothing you can do about it.
Don't you mean wholegame instead of MOAS?

For some leagues on Fulltime, suspensions are visible

Worrying about the outcome of the sanctions we apply, implies that emotion is being invested on an unhealthy basis
@Zimmyman , where are you coming from with your OP question? Seems like we're unanimous that whatever the gripe, it's best forgotten. The nicer a person you are, the harder that can be

As an extension to this debate ... do you think a referee should have a right to know the disciplinary outcome of an incident that involved offensive and threatening behaviour or physical assault towards the referee themselves?

As an extension to this debate ... do you think a referee should have a right to know the disciplinary outcome of an incident that involved offensive and threatening behaviour or physical assault towards the referee themselves?
Yes fir sure if you have been abused and threatened why not !!! If it happened in a law court you get the verdict just my personal opinion

Yes fir sure if you have been abused and threatened why not !!! If it happened in a law court you get the verdict just my personal opinion
This was discussed at my local RA last year and the strong opinion of most referees was that they should be made aware to sanctions in this type of case. However, the RA committee opposed this view and basically said sanctions were not the referee's concern. I sense that there is a party line in all levels of football administration that disciplinary sanctions should not be public knowledge.

This was discussed at my local RA last year and the strong opinion of most referees was that they should be made aware to sanctions in this type of case. However, the RA committee opposed this view and basically said sanctions were not the referee's concern. I sense that there is a party line in all levels of football administration that disciplinary sanctions should not be public knowledge.
I think the reason behind it is that most referees being abused think about quiting. Seeing the sanction is the final straw. Hardly ever an abused referee would be happy with the sanction.

I think the reason behind it is that most referees being abused think about quiting. Seeing the sanction is the final straw. Hardly ever an abused referee would be happy with the sanction.
I'd echo this. I was assaulted and almost walked away from the game after finding out that the player involved had got away with it (charge not proven and 1 game ban for the dismissal). Even 5 years on I'm still angry about it and on reflection I'd have rather not known.

That seems like a reason to actually do something about the offenders and sanction them effectively.
It might even have the shocking result of truly cleaning up the game and the culture.
Referees should leave when they are abused by the people they're trying to help, and abandoned by those in power.

That seems like a reason to actually do something about the offenders and sanction them effectively.
It might even have the shocking result of truly cleaning up the game and the culture.
Referees should leave when they are abused by the people they're trying to help, and abandoned by those in power.
Agreed. You just proved the point though. They need us (note: this is not the same as they love us :) ) and they don't want us to leave. So they don't tell us what the sanctions are. And if as a referee you are enjoying and want to stay, don't go looking for it.

For FA cases that require a hearing and 'written reasons' the FA DOES provide a search facility.

Others will know, but although they do seem to cover lower levels I believe these are all more 'serious' cases?

Anyway some make interesting reading if the weather/CV is stopping you getting out on the pitch!

Back