A&H

Arsenal vs West Ham

Joshref

Penalty to Arsenal and Coufal off. McManaman is repeatedly voicing his displeasure on BT, what’s your thoughts?

The Referee Store
Martinelli, 81st minute.

Off pitch hurt. Referee tells throw to happen whilst Arteta drags him up and forces him back on, just to go back down again and get game stopped to receive treatment.
Very clear of unsporting behaviour in my opinion.
I know you probably can't sanction for it but I feel ref had already spoke with Martinelli and deemed he was off the pitch to receive treatment and requested game to continue from throw in.

Could you throw the argument of entering field of play without permission?

Martinelli, 81st minute.

Off pitch hurt. Referee tells throw to happen whilst Arteta drags him up and forces him back on, just to go back down again and get game stopped to receive treatment.
Very clear of unsporting behaviour in my opinion.
I know you probably can't sanction for it but I feel ref had already spoke with Martinelli and deemed he was off the pitch to receive treatment and requested game to continue from throw in.

Could you throw the argument of entering field of play without permission?

not watching it but I be tempted to just let play continue ( unless the players very close to the action area)

Referee has had a match to forget.
Countless fouls which weren't even fouls - several dives from WH players in first half.
Countless fouls not given.
Penalty - astonished that was given, especially with the red card given.

Anthony Taylor was excellent in the first half, even the commentators were saying so. On the penalty he took a long time to give it which makes me think someone was in his ear. For all Coufall got a glance on the ball he then immediately took out the attacker so I can certainly see why it was given, and no way VAR are going to recommend a review. Just not sure the second caution was needed as for me that could be sold as careless rather than reckless.

That's more than a glance on the ball for me, that's a perfectly decent tackle and nothing excessive in the follow-through either.

The delay from Taylor is weird - it reads like he got a shout, but I can't see who from, the AR and 4th are in far less credible positions. So it must have just been him thinking himself in circles, who knows what he thought he'd seen by the end of that!

That's more than a glance on the ball for me, that's a perfectly decent tackle and nothing excessive in the follow-through either.

The delay from Taylor is weird - it reads like he got a shout, but I can't see who from, the AR and 4th are in far less credible positions. So it must have just been him thinking himself in circles, who knows what he thought he'd seen by the end of that!

Would agree with this. Not a foul. Not a pen. Absolutely not a yellow.

This is where var falls down for me, it just isn't a pen (like the wolves handball at city) but it's barely supportable so the decision stands.

For me a penalty is supportable if not correct. The first glance on the ball is not enough, the striker is still in control of the ball. Then the trip on the shin happens, which is a foul IMO. Then Coufal plays the ball and at the same time clatteres Laca. If the ball would have been played cleanly first, I could ignore the fallow-through, but not like this. Just my oppinion.

He's hit the top of the ball and bounced off it and made contact high on Lacazette's leg. If he had tackled properly and played the ball fully he would have been fine, which is exactly what his manager said.

Saw it before. Pen for me. Nowhere near enough of the ball. I know it's not a consideration but, well it is sometimes and there is way more contact on player than ball here. I agree it's a glance as he comes over the top.

Back