A&H

ARSENAL VS CHELSEA

I think it was DOGSO but I also think it's a forgivable error and I would next expect it to be overturned by VAR.

My initial thought was DOGSO and remained unchanged after seeing the replays. For me, the covering defender had a bit of ground to cover. However, I can understand why there is a bit of debate about it.

The Referee Store
If it's debatable, caution is fairest imo. I set a fairly high bar for DOGSO
I think Rudiger was jogging and would've accelerated to cover the opportunity if required

My initial thought was DOGSO and remained unchanged after seeing the replays. For me, the covering defender had a bit of ground to cover. However, I can understand why there is a bit of debate about it.

I think this wasn't DOGSO (primarily because I think Rudiger was covering enough where it wasn't an OBVIOUS opportunity with the angle). However, had Taylor gone with DOGSO, I wouldn't have had any complaints. I also think this is a great example of where the call on the field should stand, whatever that call was. It just wasn't a clear and obvious error regardless of what the call was on the field.

Back