A&H

Arsenal v Watford

bloovee

RefChat Addict
Dodgy goal that.

Looked a foul that left Watford player injured, but played on and Watford put ball out. Arsenal didn't give it back, then another definite foul in build-up to their goal.

I don't know why referees just don't stop play for an injured player rather than rely on players doing the right thing (or not). Restart is a doddle now, and quicker than a "sporting" throw-in.

And VAR is pretty useless, isn't it?

The Referee Store
I don’t see how it wasn’t a foul on Sarr in the build up. The body check was clear as day

i've no issue with arsenal not giving the ball back, the 'injured' player was not injured and got back to his feet immediately. it was a clear time wasting tactic imo and arsenal didnt fall for it.

That Danny Rose challenge would be a red card in rugby
Not to mention the other orange/Red card tackle he got away with.

He got away with 1 certain red, a debatable red and 2 yellow card tackles.
Somehow managed to get away without even a booking!

I'm guessing that because it was seen, it was decided that it wasn't a C&O error too.
So if he sees it, and doesn't give it, VAR can't say it's a C&O error, but if the referee didn't see it, not giving a foul was not an error because you can't give what you don't see. Just a reinforcement that (see above) VAR is pretty useless, isn't it?

So if he sees it, and doesn't give it, VAR can't say it's a C&O error, but if the referee didn't see it, not giving a foul was not an error because you can't give what you don't see. Just a reinforcement that (see above) VAR is pretty useless, isn't it?
Sure, if you want to create straw men to bash VAR. Or you could actually address the real issues. VAR can be used for C&O errors or for missed incidents. It absolutely is not true that if a ref didn’t see something VAR doesn’t apply. (Where it is a missed incident, its Actually a bit easier for VAR to get involved.)

I hate VAR too, but we don’t have to make up &$#@ about it to criticize it.

Sure, if you want to create straw men to bash VAR. Or you could actually address the real issues. VAR can be used for C&O errors or for missed incidents. It absolutely is not true that if a ref didn’t see something VAR doesn’t apply. (Where it is a missed incident, its Actually a bit easier for VAR to get involved.)

I hate VAR too, but we don’t have to make up &$#@ about it to criticize it.
It was a slightly ironic riposte to a previous post but I think it's perfectly reasonable to make stuff up about VAR while they don't explain decisions (or lack of interventions).

I'm all in favour of VAR, but not explaining what they're doing just means it's easy to criticise inconsistency (and actually encourages inconsistency). "Last week's VAR" is definitely a thing (particularly where a player clearly takes the ball but his foot then also gets the opponent's leg).

That’s on the PL. In the US, every OFR gets public commentary from PRO. PL certainly has a higher overall standard of R, but MLS is far ahead in using VAR effectively. (I would still rather abolish it, but the MLS implementation does more to show what it can accomplish—though there are still some bad misses , including one that occurred on the last day of the season this year where VAR failed to send down what should have been a DOGSO PK that changed who went to the playoffs.

Back