A&H

Arse v Whites

The Referee Store
Thought I'd mention it before the resident Leeds fan does, but how was Lacazette not sent off for kicking out at the Leeds player?

Thought I'd mention it before the resident Leeds fan does, but how was Lacazette not sent off for kicking out at the Leeds player?

It was petulant with very minimal force or contact and was never likely to tick the clear and obvious box.

Good job they don't have VAR for yellow card offences or Xhaka would have been sent off three times .... :)

It was petulant with very minimal force or contact and was never likely to tick the clear and obvious box.

Good job they don't have VAR for yellow card offences or Xhaka would have been sent off three times .... :)

That I agree with.
How he stayed on I'll never know.

I was at the game. Normally a big fan of AT but he was very inconsistent. Seemed sometimes he’d be giving the soft ones and other times not. That led to both sets of fans getting frustrated. Enjoyed my first VAR experience...

Lacazette clearly and obviously committed the same offence Son and Milivojevic committed. Easy red card. Would love to listen to the VAR conversation.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights. VAR is frustrating as the screen doesn’t tell you who the red card is for. Everyone was nervous as we didn’t know if our player or the opposition player might be getting sent off

Lacazette clearly and obviously committed the same offence Son and Milivojevic committed. Easy red card. Would love to listen to the VAR conversation.

Don't agree. Son didn't just flick out, he kicked out and extended his leg in a totally unnatural motion and direction. And Milivojevic headbutted an opponent, or at least attempted to, that was a blatant red card that was always going to get given. Lacazette has had a bit of a flick out and it wasn't even close to the levels of the other two.

Seeing a LOT of criticism on Twitter - mainly regarding Xhaka not being booked/sent off. He didn’t seem awful, but was it really as bad as I’m reading?

Just seen the VAR incident. I’m surprised it isn’t a red as it is a kick out. Not much force so I can see why it wasn’t given

Don't agree. Son didn't just flick out, he kicked out and extended his leg in a totally unnatural motion and direction. And Milivojevic headbutted an opponent, or at least attempted to, that was a blatant red card that was always going to get given. Lacazette has had a bit of a flick out and it wasn't even close to the levels of the other two.
Without wanting to sound like Theresa May, violent conduct is violent conduct and a kick is a kick. He should've displayed self-control and not kicked his opponent.

Given they'd already initiated a review for a possible red card, would it be possible for them to then decide that it's not worth red but is worth yellow?

Also, Taylor is having a really bad few weeks. Awful performance in the Spurs/Chelsea match, twice missing easy decisions and needing to be bailed out by VAR in the Liverpool Wolves match and then this mess tonight. How he's considered up there with Oliver is a real surprise to me

Without wanting to sound like Theresa May, violent conduct is violent conduct and a kick is a kick. He should've displayed self-control and not kicked his opponent.

There are criteria that an offence has to meet to be considered violent conduct, and even then that is "in the opinion of the referee".

AT struggling once again on the big stage. Not a top 10 performer recently.....Can’t quite remember who said something like that that the other week and got pelters???? 🤔🤔

Given they'd already initiated a review for a possible red card, would it be possible for them to then decide that it's not worth red but is worth yellow?

Also, Taylor is having a really bad few weeks. Awful performance in the Spurs/Chelsea match, twice missing easy decisions and needing to be bailed out by VAR in the Liverpool Wolves match and then this mess tonight. How he's considered up there with Oliver is a real surprise to me
Not just up there with Oliver, but UEFA think he's better than Oliver, Taylor gets bigger champions league matches more regularly. Maybe the Madrid - Juventus game damaged Oliver's UEFA reputation.

Not just up there with Oliver, but UEFA think he's better than Oliver, Taylor gets bigger champions league matches more regularly. Maybe the Madrid - Juventus game damaged Oliver's UEFA reputation.
It shouldn’t have done though as he made the right decision and showed a great amount of character to send off one of the worlds best ever goalkeeper’s and has been England’s best referee for about two years whilst Taylor has been consistently poor for the last 5 or so months.

It shouldn’t have done though as he made the right decision and showed a great amount of character to send off one of the worlds best ever goalkeeper’s and has been England’s best referee for about two years whilst Taylor has been consistently poor for the last 5 or so months.
Which is why it's baffling!

Back