A&H

Arse v Chels

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
9 yellows and the one he misses changes the game. Basic 2nd yellow for Jorginho for a blatant tug and he booked Lacazette for mouthing off!
Basic Sunday League stuff really....

The Referee Store
Yes. And it was also a clear and obvious error not to give the 2nd yellow card. At which point: what is the effing point of this VAR sh**!?!

It was a poor game for Arsenal. But the referee has decided the game by bottling a clear 2nd yellow. And then the scenario has made a mockery of VAR again.

It really is not football anymore and it is really embarrassing. I'd be apoplectic if I was in an Arsenal shirt at this point.

Rubbish!

Crazy thing is, Pawson goes to his pocket and Jorginho thinks it's for him and he turns away in disgust, about to walk, when he realises it's actually for Arsenal protesting.

Robbed!

In his defence it was the tiniest of tiny pulls on Guendouzi's arm, people would be saying it was soft if he sent off that that.

Plus there is the unwritten "rule" that those on a yellow card get a higher threshold for what constitutes a caution thank those not already in the book. Not saying that is right, but it undoubtedly happens, same as the threshold is higher for fouls in the penalty area than outside it.

In his defence it was the tiniest of tiny pulls on Guendouzi's arm, people would be saying it was soft if he sent off that that.

Plus there is the unwritten "rule" that those on a yellow card get a higher threshold for what constitutes a caution thank those not already in the book. Not saying that is right, but it undoubtedly happens, same as the threshold is higher for fouls in the penalty area than outside it.
I strongly disagree. It's blatant holding in the middle of the park. The top brass have given specific guidance that blatant holding like this is a yellow card.
In a major international tournament this decision would end the referee's participation. It's wrong in law. It's a clear and obvious error. IMHO of course ;)

They rule goals out for big toes, bollock hairs and armpits then they don’t have a word in his ear when it was clear and obvious foul and 2nd yellow card. What a sh1t shower of a system we’ve got!

Nope, that's a yellow. Easily. While I know the SG boys don't have to follow the procedure that you guys at grassroots do, I had no idea who the dissent caution was for. Neither did Sky for a good few minutes. Had a good game until then and then lost control for me.

Two handed pull....

VAR can't get involved for cautions, only missed red cards.

I don't think a missed second caution counts, and as these things are "in the opinion of the referee" it's debatable whether it would count as a clear and obvious error.

VAR can't get involved for cautions, only missed red cards.

I don't think a missed second caution counts, and as these things are "in the opinion of the referee" it's debatable whether it would count as a clear and obvious error.
That is the point. VAR can’t get involved, which is why (another reason why) it is soooo flawed!

That is the point. VAR can’t get involved, which is why (another reason why) it is soooo flawed!

So you think VAR is flawed, but you want it to get involved in even more decisions.

Games will last 6 hours if they need to review every single challenge incase the referee missed a caution.

Chelsea-3 clear cut chances and took 2 of them.
Arsenal much more than that and took 1.

THAT decide the game not a non-caution decision. Arsenal should’ve been out of sight long before then.

Chelsea-3 clear cut chances and took 2 of them.
Arsenal much more than that and took 1.

THAT decide the game not a non-caution decision. Arsenal should’ve been out of sight long before then.
Nope it was absolutely VARs fault for not getting involved in something which is outside of their remit.

No it’s a fading SG ref missing a KMI and clearly affecting a game and eventual result with a big standard yellow even at the Dog & Duck... Not a VAR thing, it’s a failure to do your job thing!

If you say so

I've been trying to find footage of this foul, can't seem to find it on any of the highlight videos.

Back