A&H

Arm staying raised for IFK?

The Referee Store
:p To answer the question honestly, I'd do what I was trained to do, which was reinforced by other assessors. I'd then take all Brian's criticisms on board, keep the ones I like and agree with, discard the others :p

Hi all, I've recently completed the ref course and passed the test and a bit confused about what is an IFK. Of course back pass to keeper, keeper picks it up, is an obvious one, obstruction another but what else. Surely if a player jumps, charges, pushes, holds an opponent this falls under a direct freekick and covers playing in a dangerous manner and impedes the progress of an opponent. what else would people say 'plays in a dangerous manner', 'impedes the progress of an opponent' is. Thanks

Hi all, I've recently completed the ref course and passed the test and a bit confused about what is an IFK. Of course back pass to keeper, keeper picks it up, is an obvious one, obstruction another but what else. Surely if a player jumps, charges, pushes, holds an opponent this falls under a direct freekick and covers playing in a dangerous manner and impedes the progress of an opponent. what else would people say 'plays in a dangerous manner', 'impedes the progress of an opponent' is. Thanks
High foot/low head

Playing in a dangerous the most obvious one is high foot. With impedes an opponent, this is simply as it says. Running deliberately in their path or between them an the ball (with no contact) to slow their progress and the restart (I believe) is an IDFK for this

An IDFK is a free kick that you have given which is not covered under the 10 direct free kick offences. This includes cautioning/sending off a player which is not a DFK offence, for example if a player shouts abusive and insulting language at you, you can stop play, send off the player, and restart play with an IDFK from the position of where the player was stood when he shouted it.

The most obvious IDFK is offside! But there are many other reasons for an IDFK. If you are mixing them up between what could be classed as an IDFK and DFK, then anything that is classified as a DFK, is a DFK, even if it could be classed as playing in a dangerous manner, for example. Any IDFK is for any free kick other than a DFK offence.

IDFK's can be given for GK holding onto the ball for 6 seconds, parrying the ball and then picking it up, deliberate pass to the GK, offside, impeding an opponent, playing in a dangerous manner (high foot), and any reason to stop play and issue a caution/red card for any offence but a DFK offence.

Back