A&H

ARG vs AUS Matchday 13 - Marciniak (POL)

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #49
Argentina vs Australia
Saturday, 3rd December 2022
22:00 Local Time (19:00GMT)
Al-Rayyan

Referee: Szymon Marciniak (POL)

Assistant Referee 1: Pawel Sokolnicki (POL)
Assistant Referee 2: Tomasz Listkiewicz (POL)
Fourth Official: Mario Escobar (GUA)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Kathryn Nesbitt (USA)
Video Assistant Referee: Tomasz Kwiatkowski (POL)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Marco Fritz (GER)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Alessandro Giallatini (ITA)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Benoit Millot (FRA)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Ciro Carbone (ITA)

The Referee Store
Despite their disjointed performances so far, can't see anything other than a comfortable Argentina win tonight.

Expecting a few early Aussie yellow cards as they try to nullify the attacking threat of Messi & co!

Poor call to caution the aus right back there, he's seen something that hasn't happened. Barely a foul

I know this can be a fan comment but hope the ref has come to this with a clean canvas. Aussies are known to be physical. You don't card to prevent things from happening. You card from things that have happened. For me one of the caution wasn't a caution at all and another something you'd give in the last 15 minutes to aid match control not in the first half.

Thought the ref was lenient in the first 10 minutes, seen yellow for a lot less (Aussie right back for starters) than some of those early challenges...

Argentina as a team look lethargic, but if Messi stays fit he is still a threat to anyone they face. Incredible career and talent.

Thought the ref was lenient in the first 10 minutes, seen yellow for a lot less (Aussie right back for starters) than some of those early challenges...

Argentina as a team look lethargic, but if Messi stays fit he is still a threat to anyone they face. Incredible career and talent.
They miss Di Maria, they are very dull and predictable without him. They also lack pace. Hard to see them going all the way based on the four matches so far. All 6 other big teams left in more convincing. Van Gaal confident I expect.

GK should dive there for the DFK, instead it’s game over for the wonders from down under.

GK should dive there for the DFK, instead it’s game over for the wonders from down under.
Unfortunately this seems a solid prediction.

The goal Aus scored against France was the first from open play in 4 years. I don't see us pilfering 2 or 3...

Did that hit the defenders body or arm?

Curiosity only, as if the latter so many potentials. Including extra marks for advantage

20 seconds before releasing the ball into play by Argy GK. Laid down for 10 seconds without ever having been under pressure!

90th min high feet in the box - if the Aus striker goes down there it would ask a big VAR question… with this and the Ryan gift the Aussies are paying the price for being way too honest. Nice to see but naive.

• Love
Reactions: one
20 seconds before releasing the ball into play by Argy GK. Laid down for 10 seconds without ever having been under pressure!
Drives me nuts, if only a referee at professional level had the guts to say enough is enough and penalise a keeper for taking the proverbial!

Netherlands Vs Argentina at a World Cup again, although with the current line ups (even with the genius of Messi) doubt it will come close to the '98 thriller.

Back