A&H

AreRef

Zimmyman

Ok everyday I study and do areref test but even after months of studying I still get a lot wrong ! If the basic ref exam is like this I can see all my group failing which seems pointless to
Me

The Referee Store
The LOTG exam for a level 7 is quite basic you need a good knowledge of fouls and missconduct but the complicated scenarios which come up on areferee.com are not in the basic referee exam. I felt exactly the same as you but passed the exam with just one question wrong. I also had to read every question twice because I thought it was too easy, because the website covers questions which are used on higher level reffing exams. As long as you look up the answers which are wrong it is a great learning tool. It increases your knowledge quite a lot.

I use areferee quite a lot. My exam is going to be in 3 weeks or so. I generally get between 85 and 100%.
What are the questions like on this test if not like those ones please?

Ok everyday I study and do areref test but even after months of studying I still get a lot wrong ! If the basic ref exam is like this I can see all my group failing which seems pointless to
Me
The wording on there is very specific. Reading the question really carefully and each answer extremely carefully will help your mark improve.

My test was multiple choice but the questions were more along the basics of the laws. Read up on fouls and missconduct and offside.

Yes as @Tino Best says - Chill...the L7 test is very basic. None of the complicated scenarios will come up. I would even suggest that it won’t cover any scenario you haven’t encountered in your first 5 games. Jus read the good book front to back a few times.

Only tip (which they will likely tell you on the day) is to answer 100% based on the exact law...not what you would/might do on the day in the context of a real match.

The aref test is tricky for non natives in places because of thr way they twist some phrases. It’s taken me 4 years to get to 19/29 or 20/20 every time but that’s only because I’ve learnt the mistake questions!

19 again but... I think there has been a big update. Some old mistakes have gone and there were lots of new questions;)

EDIT for late night typos

Last edited:
Only tip (which they will likely tell you on the day) is to answer 100% based on the exact law...not what you would/might do on the day in the context of a real match
Should they ever be different? Make sure padfoot doesn't see this or you'll be in trouble. :)

Back