A&H

Are you sure you booked him?

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Had the discipline secretary email me saying match i just done the home team was disputing i cautioned two players... they were adamant it was only one..... so i emailed back explaining the circumstances of the booking etc. They even said the player doesn't play for them anymore. so in my email i stated the shirt number was 100% correct as that is the first thing i write down and suggested the player gave me a false name. this league does not let the referee have team sheets so i couldn't double check names.
I think i will take my camera with me in future so i can have photo evidence :) ..... just kidding......

The Referee Store
You seem to have done everything correctly. Any reputable discipline secretary should now be having strong words with the team involved.

I am 110% sure he was booked, kicking the ball away some 20-30 yards away... he was a bit hesitant to give his name though... i reckon he probably got some other disciplinary issues outstanding maybe.....

Did you put it through on WGS? Did you definitely put right name? (eg saw John Smart and put him when it should be John Smith)

Sounds fishy!

Smells fishy to me too but from the club's perspective and not the referee's. While the OP might have wrongly recorded the player's name it seems too much of a coincidence that he recorded the name of a player who at least used to play for the team involved. As I said, the disciplinary secretary should be asking the team some difficult questions.

When I was playing some teams used to keep a reservoir of old registrations on those who no longer played, for those times when a current player couldn't use his own name....

Wonder if they tried that, and it backfired.

It now turns out that the name the player gave me, no longer plays for the team (left some time ago) unfortunatley for the manager the first thing i do is take the shirt number, then i ask the name i don't get a copy of the team sheet(league rules) so he has some explaining to do.....

Back