A&H

Appointment Precedence

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
Anyone got the list of precedence given to Referee Appointments?
In other words, I have a clash between a Step 3 line and a County Senior Cup line and can't recall which game takes precedence
I can't find it in the rules anywhere

The Referee Store
The administration of County Cup games leaves something to be desired. The Appointment Officers have no visibility of availability
I had a County game postponed. The first I heard of the re-arranged game was an email trigger by a ref change last night 48 hours before the re-arranged game. The Home Club have not confirmed the County game either.
Just means that the County Appt. Officer thinks I've missed/ignored his appointment and/or the Step 5/6 Appt. Officer would be irritated if I needed to come off his game 36 hours before. So I can't win despite not being to blame whatsoever
In the end, I've come off the County game as that's where the process is broken. Not to worry, I just find County Appointments a bit of a nuisance and the clubs have demoted those games to the lowest priority of theirs

The administration of County Cup games leaves something to be desired. The Appointment Officers have no visibility of availability
I had a County game postponed. The first I heard of the re-arranged game was an email trigger by a ref change last night 48 hours before the re-arranged game. The Home Club have not confirmed the County game either.
Just means that the County Appt. Officer thinks I've missed/ignored his appointment and/or the Step 5/6 Appt. Officer would be irritated if I needed to come off his game 36 hours before. So I can't win despite not being to blame whatsoever
In the end, I've come off the County game as that's where the process is broken. Not to worry, I just find County Appointments a bit of a nuisance and the clubs have demoted those games to the lowest priority of theirs

Gloucestershire FA use the Yesref app to appoint to County Cup fixtures. Refs were also paid through the app

Gloucestershire FA use the Yesref app to appoint to County Cup fixtures. Refs were also paid through the app
The GFA only attempted this for a short stint and then realised very few affiliated refs were on the app and now the county cup appointments are made by league appointment officer nominations - certainly for Senior Amateur and below

The GFA only attempted this for a short stint and then realised very few affiliated refs were on the app and now the county cup appointments are made by league appointment officer nominations - certainly for Senior Amateur and below
I thought it worked pretty well last year. All my County Cup games were on there, including Senior Challenge Trophy etc. But yes I imagine it would've been a challenge getting alot of refs to use it. You also had to have proof of DBS etc and that's an added pain. I moved away in the summer so I didn't realise that this had been discontinued.

In Cornwall we have, to the best of my knowledge, successfully implemented Yes Ref for all referees across all competitions.
The migration was easier as we had already been using pitch side so the process was fairly well understood already.

It can be really tricky. I’m in south wilts, which might as well be another county since the teams down here are few and they’re 1 hour plus from any others.

There’s a local team at home in a county cup this Saturday in a semi final and still doesn’t have officials, I have left that day free and picked up a Sunday league game so I’m at least getting a game in if/when I’m not asked to do it. (I did the previous round with the same team so assume that probably means I won’t do this game)

It can be really tricky. I’m in south wilts, which might as well be another county since the teams down here are few and they’re 1 hour plus from any others.

There’s a local team at home in a county cup this Saturday in a semi final and still doesn’t have officials, I have left that day free and picked up a Sunday league game so I’m at least getting a game in if/when I’m not asked to do it. (I did the previous round with the same team so assume that probably means I won’t do this game)
Wiltshire does seem yo be rather off grid football wise. I did enjoy my games at Royal Wooton Basset last year though.

Back