A&H

Any Female Referees out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
No this isn't a lonely hearts plea!

I was out with a female 6-5 promotion candidate last night and thought this morning, I'm not sure I've seen many (any?) posts from any female referees on here.

Have I gio that wrong or are the female referees out there too shy to post on here?;)

The Referee Store
Only between 6 and 8 on Fridays ;)

There's a few out there - quite a lot around London, but I agree, not seen any on here.

I nearly posted a thread asking that very question a couple of weeks ago after the same thought occurred to me and since it's odd to have circa 1400 members of an internet forum that are all male. I didn't want to seem like some sort of perv though. ;) :D

DB is a sailor if that counts...... ? :rolleyes: :p

692253-alexei-page.jpg

At your service :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kes
I know a female ref who also plays for the ladies team (very good team with some talented players) at the club my son plays for.

Seen her referee a few times, comes across as a very confident young lady who doesn't take crap from anyone!

There's also an Italian lady Claudia Romani, who gave up modelling to become a referee...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...elling-career-professional-referee-Italy.html

Then there's Serbia's Aleksandra Milojević, proving somewhat of a distraction...

Last edited:
The Secretary of my RA is a female referee and has just been appointed to referee a County and a District Cup Final this season. Depending on work commitments she has it within her grasp to reach L4.

Embarrassing.
Unfortunately the only 2 female referees I know have clearly been pushed too far/too fast by county almost certainly due to their gender (much like what I used to see in the navy actually) and as a result other, more capable female referees will be tarnished with the "she's only where she is cos she's a woman" brush

Lol a referee in it for the attention? No good can come of this :)

More seriously, the only real question is; is this person a good referee?

:rolleyes:... I've not seen her ref except for our assessment game...

Last edited:
The Secretary of my RA is a female referee and has just been appointed to referee a County and a District Cup Final this season. Depending on work commitments she has it within her grasp to reach L4.

Our County RDO is a female Level 4. Very nice lady she is too. ☺

We have a couple of ladies in the league I do.
The respect that the blokes show them is great, I wish they would show that to me.

nice sexist comments about a coleague guys, blimey
Hmmm, which comments in the thread do you think are sexist? For me, the only one that came even close was @Mooseybaby 's with regard to the Serbian referee, though it was pretty mild. The various thoughts put forward on the article in the Sun are all completely legitimate for me .. it's a real shame, because everything she says in the article is completely sound but is then completely undermined by the obviously sexual way she's allowed herself to be pictured.

Hmmm, which comments in the thread do you think are sexist? For me, the only one that came even close was @Mooseybaby 's with regard to the Serbian referee, though it was pretty mild. The various thoughts put forward on the article in the Sun are all completely legitimate for me .. it's a real shame, because everything she says in the article is completely sound but is then completely undermined by the obviously sexual way she's allowed herself to be pictured.
If someone offered my £300 to put my referee's kit on and lean against a post, I would be off like a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back