A&H

Antonio Mateu Lahoz

The Referee Store
Looked like a Valkeen. Agree he had a good game, though it also seemed a less difficult match to ref then a close final can often be.

Referee was outstanding, looked quite emotional at the end.

As a Chelsea blue, surprised and delighted how the game played out, think I have lost my voice 😁

Glad other than a VAR check for a possible handball the game was controversy free.

Would love to know how the ignorance of the laws, most notably the perception a keeper handling a ball outside their area is an automatic red card started? Again last night, several comments on the everlasting joy that is social media along the lines of Edison touched the ball with his hand outside the penalty area, why wasn't he sent off? :wall:

Would love to know how the ignorance of the laws, most notably the perception a keeper handling a ball outside their area is an automatic red card started? Again last night, several comments on the everlasting joy that is social media along the lines of Edison touched the ball with his hand outside the penalty area, why wasn't he sent off? :wall:
It probably would have been a red for dogso had it not fell so kindly for havertz. But yes, not an automatic red as the masses suggest

It was bloody loud I tell you!

He was excellent, City weren't. Sunburned, boozed up, great weekend away, let's ignore the game
So you went, go for the day or a few days in Porto?

I only watched the last 30 minutes, but it was enough time to acknowledge that the Referee was brilliant. I can't recall what I've thought of him in the past, but I really like his individuality. Safe Refereeing out the winda, utterly dismissive of diving, feigning injury and all the other nonsense that goes on. If we had a pool of maverick Refs like him in the EPL, the game would improve dramatically and I have a feeling VAR would work better too.
Hats off to Antonio 🇪🇸

Last edited:
Really like his style of booking, there's not a ref in the world who pulls out his cards faster than him, think he booked Jesus from about 30 yards away. Of course a no-go for our levels but he is so perfectly made for the highest level when he doesn't have to deal with Spanish players. All in all, easy game but I'd still give him a 9/10.

Where do we stand on the possibility for a yellow for DOGSO-H after the Havertz goal? I agree with not booking Ederson, don't think it was that obviously a handball but we've seen these given

Apart from behind the goal, I've not seen the City claim for a penalty (UEFA are good at the copyright it seems...)

Even after the recent "clarification" is there still an interpretation that deliberately sticking your arm out is still handball even if it comes off your own body (which certainly wasn't how it looked from behind)? I thought it was going wide anyway...

Game was lost before kick-off with Sterling instead of Fernandinho.

What's all this sitting in the sun getting burnt and boozed? My son and I had a nice walk across the Luiz 1 bridge and back, rides on the funicular and tram, and found a very nice park near the stadium. But it's a bit much when the highlight of a football trip is looking at a maze in a park.

is it a European thing that referees and AR’s don’t tend to hold signals, or on some occasion, not even signal at all? There were times in that game where the AR gave offside, then immediately walked away without leaving the flag up for the free kick taker to spot the ball and there was a few times where the referee blew for some free kicks, didn’t signal at all and just walked off.

Yesterday was incredible, spent most of it drinking in the sun down by the square under the bridge
It was great wasn’t it? After all this time it was so nice to just be able to do something normal (if we forget all the tests, passenger locators, temp checks etc).

Walked back through the front door at 7.30am. I’m exhausted, we lost and half our group is still in Porto after a cancelled flight. The things we do for football, eh?

What's all this sitting in the sun getting burnt and boozed? My son and I had a nice walk across the Luiz 1 bridge and back, rides on the funicular and tram, and found a very nice park near the stadium. But it's a bit much when the highlight of a football trip is looking at a maze in a park.
We actually did similar. None of us are big drinkers, so we had a nice lunch and had a wander around the city - will definitely go back to Porto. As you say though, it’s sad when the highlight of the trip isn’t the football.

It was great wasn’t it? After all this time it was so nice to just be able to do something normal (if we forget all the tests, passenger locators, temp checks etc).

Walked back through the front door at 7.30am. I’m exhausted, we lost and half our group is still in Porto after a cancelled flight. The things we do for football, eh?

We actually did similar. None of us are big drinkers, so we had a nice lunch and had a wander around the city - will definitely go back to Porto. As you say though, it’s sad when the highlight of the trip isn’t the football.

Ah yeah heard about that flight, got a mate on it. At least they get a bonus half a day in Porto.

Still here in a restaurant under the Luis bridge, full of Chelsea and city having a good time (Chelsea a bit better mind).

It'll feel better when we do win it now...

Ah yeah heard about that flight, got a mate on it. At least they get a bonus half a day in Porto.

Still here in a restaurant under the Luis bridge, full of Chelsea and city having a good time (Chelsea a bit better mind).

It'll feel better when we do win it now...
Russia next year...

Manchester's still twinned with St Petersburg even now it's no longer Leningrad.

Back