A&H

Anthony Taylor - You're a record breaker!!!

The Ginger Ref

Level 7 Referee
Bizarre game

I watched the full 90 mins... admittedly through Guinness impacted eyes, but seemed a lot of yellow cards for very innocuous/nothing challenges/situations (and some stonewall yellows thrown in for good measure), but I wouldn't disagree with any of them.

"Anthony, are you starting the Christmas bar tab early?" said one Bournemouth player

Question 1 is... For those who watched live or on MOTD.. what mitigation are you giving Sanchez for the penalty, in my opinion, he doesn't play, nor is attempting to play, any of the ball. By the LOTG this should be a red card. But that would be a really difficult sell at grassroots, letalone Premier League level so the 'double jeopardy' yellow is "what the game expects"

Question 2 is... what's your card record for one game? Mine is a paltry 2 yellows

A&H International
Question 1 is... For those who watched live or on MOTD.. what mitigation are you giving Sanchez for the penalty, in my opinion, he doesn't play, nor is attempting to play, any of the ball. By the LOTG this should be a red card. But that would be a really difficult sell at grassroots, letalone Premier League level so the 'double jeopardy' yellow is "what the game expects"
He's definitely trying to save it with his hands

Yes some (very) soft yellows there, but nice to see a couple of dissent yellows too.
2 red, 3 yellow is my worst/best card count

Probably all technically correct cards, but not really any bad challenges in the game.

The most I’ve given is 8 yellow’s and 1 straight red.

Most I've had is 10 cards, 5 yellows, a straight red and 2 double yellow red... And not a mass con in sight!

One thing you will say though, at least Anthony Taylor was consistent but it looks the classic case of maybe having a lower bar for the first few yellows and then it's kind of if you want to keep that consistency then you got to keep dishing the yellows out.

I've crunched the numbers via the Big Cat keep em on the pitch algorithm and the result is that you need an average of 23 cautions in the same game before there's a 50 50 chance the next one will be a C7

Taylor is obviously on RefChat and just wanted to beat my 13 yellows.

Have you ever seen AT and Big Cat in the same room together?!?

You forgot that I gave 13 YC and 2 RC!
I've met him. We're Besties

Any jibe is not aimed at AT BTW
He only does what he's told (like all of them)

Last edited:
Jared's gaining ground on AT during the North London Derby as we speak. 8 cautions so far, 51 mins gone ... ;)

Question 1 is... For those who watched live or on MOTD.. what mitigation are you giving Sanchez for the penalty, in my opinion, he doesn't play, nor is attempting to play, any of the ball. By the LOTG this should be a red card.
The law doesn't say it has to be an attempt to play the ball to avoid the red card. It can also just be a challenge for the ball, which I think this was.

The law wording is:

the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball
(Emphasis mine).

Last edited:
Back