A&H

Another referee assault makes the news

I agree with everything Big Cat has said above, however I think it's important to realise that change at the top isn't just the responsibility of the FA. Whilst they could no doubt have an influence by clamping down on the obvious high levels of dissent and abusive language which is all too visible on tv these days, when have we ever seen a high profile player or manager speak out on this matter. When was the last time you saw a Premier League captain being proactive in dragging teammates away from the ref, or a manager publicly rebuking their team for their actions on the pitch.

Ultimately, until little Timmy sees officials being respected for the role they perform, instead of just for the cards they might show, things are unlikely to change much. As we always say, it's very rare if ever, that officials "deserve" the abuse they get, so until players learn to take responsibility for their own actions, it will always be easier to blame someone else.

The Referee Store
I agree with everything Big Cat has said above, however I think it's important to realise that change at the top isn't just the responsibility of the FA. Whilst they could no doubt have an influence by clamping down on the obvious high levels of dissent and abusive language which is all too visible on tv these days, when have we ever seen a high profile player or manager speak out on this matter. When was the last time you saw a Premier League captain being proactive in dragging teammates away from the ref, or a manager publicly rebuking their team for their actions on the pitch.

Ultimately, until little Timmy sees officials being respected for the role they perform, instead of just for the cards they might show, things are unlikely to change much. As we always say, it's very rare if ever, that officials "deserve" the abuse they get, so until players learn to take responsibility for their own actions, it will always be easier to blame someone else.
I doubt the FA have much influence over the PGMOL. The latter does what their employers (The EPL Clubs) tell them to do
Correct me if I'm wrong

Back