A&H

Another FA Referee question with a questionable answer

The Referee Store
Was pointed out on Twitter that the correct answer wasn't an option before and after they posted their answer.

That's the thing.

The "correct" answer is supposed to be D. ;)
No, the thing is, the correct answer is not even listed.

Possession changed and blue started an attack. Therefore the team that last touched the ball is red..and so the restart is from where the ball touched the referee and to them team that last touched it. Red.

No, the thing is, the correct answer is not even listed.

Possession changed and blue started an attack. Therefore the team that last touched the ball is red..and so the restart is from where the ball touched the referee and to them team that last touched it. Red.
Alright, I'll come clean, I was just indulging in a spot of leg-pulling. Had exactly the same question popped up last week on another forum I frequent which caused a fair old bit of debate so I thought I'd see if I could create similar. Epic fail on my part ... :rolleyes: :wall: :rolleyes:

B is correct.

If red had a promising attack in which the ball was somehow last touched in their own PA

I suspect the person designing the question thied themselves into a knot mixing up promising attack and possession change in the one question.The fact that a promising attack is started is completely irrelevant once possession changes.

And the location and target of dropped ball is dependent on location of last touch and where it hits the official. Not enough info in the question for that.

Designing good lotg questions is an art and not everyone is an artist 😜

Back