A&H

And talking about losing sight of what's important....

The Referee Store
Hardly Legia Warsaw tho, is it, Monkey

However the fact that a club that is only insured to play on sunday's decided to play on a wednesday without bothering to get clearance from the league to which they were affiliated, despite being aware of the rules, according to one of their players, was just a tad irresponsible, don't you think

Last edited:
I don't think it is something I would ever have thought about. Got to wonder how much of a fine they were hit with to make them wind up the team

The 21st century eh? Madness to me. Football is a game of passion and something like this is for the love of the game. Seeing any grassroots team fold is a shame.

When you see teams like Chelsea Barcelona Man City etc in the press being "hit with a £25,000 fine" it puts it into perspective.

Take harsher action against the richer clubs to support grassroots. Not the other way round.

Just my two cents

My mates Sunday league team played at Upton Park...I'll be telling him to keep that schtum!

There will be a lot more to this story than reported. For example, the fact that they played the game without permission indicates the game itself wasn't sanctioned. It would be this factor that meant it was uninsured. The FA (in England) introduced a requirement that all clubs had insurance in place at the start of last season, making it an offence to play without insurance. This was for the protection of the individual players.

Many County FAs recognised that Secretaries of GR clubs don't have time to source this product themselves and offer a heavily discounted policy. The terms of the policy will be quite restrictive. It is also likely that it is tied to the rules of the competition in which the club participate. In my Sunday League it states games will be played on Sundays but may need to be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays should a fixture backlog accrue and these rules are approved by the County FA.

Simple answer "We didn't play as a club, but a bunch of mates. We borrowed the kit so used the name that was on the badge"

It was non-affiliated, so basically a kick-around, jeez.....jst let 'em play.

Begs a question - my club has a ladies team that train on the same fields as another club. On more than one occasion, the two teams will play against each other as part of the 'session' - does that constitute a 'match'?

Back