A&H

An irritation during pitch inspection

i postponed a game (due to hard frost , again pitch soft in places but the goal area had sand which went felt like concrete) recently when 3 players argued that they didn't feel it was right to play , end of . If you get them all to agree fine , if not then cancel the fixture

The Referee Store
Problem with that approach Gez, if you believe the pitch is unplayable but 22 players + subs + coaches want to play, your response suggests you would play when you clearly shouldn't.

The fact that the three in question had made up their own minds i knew i wasn't comfortable with that and subsequently cancelled.So no jack i would not have played .Before i made that decision i wanted a unified agreement first !

Problem with that approach Gez, if you believe the pitch is unplayable but 22 players + subs + coaches want to play, your response suggests you would play when you clearly shouldn't.

It doesn't have to work both ways. I can go with the flow if any players don't want to play, doesn't mean i haven't got the balls to say "no game" if i don't think it's safe.

I may have worded that badly Gez, I was referring to the last sentence. I may have misunderstood it but to me it read as if you were saying that if all the players agreed you'd go with that whether you thought something different or not. Apologies if I've misunderstood what you meant.

Back