A&H

Albania v Romania

jertzee

Is the ref having a mare?

Gave yellow for a challenge with studs about shoulder height. Red for me.

Player received treatment then forced off the pitch... I thought this law had changed and if opposition player booked or sent off then he could stay on the pitch.

Blatant foul throw that started move for Albanias lead.

The Referee Store
Player received treatment then forced off the pitch... I thought this law had changed and if opposition player booked or sent off then he could stay on the pitch.

Not watching that match so can't commitment on the other bits but afaik that a player receiving treatment can only stay on if the treatment is completed whist the opponent is being cautioned or sent off

Not watching that match so can't commitment on the other bits but afaik that a player receiving treatment can only stay on if the treatment is completed whist the opponent is being cautioned or sent off
That is ridiculous and makes a mockery of the laws I.
I read that 20-25 seconds should be considered but this just makes it even harder to get any consistency.

It nearly always takes longer to treat a player than it does to book them.

Absolute farce

The player can stay on if the treatment is going to be "quick", what is deemed as quick is probably left to the discretion of the ref on the day.

I agree the challenge would have been a red for me, and I think even the pundits said it should have been a red.

Over all I think he did ok, but not the best performance I've seen over the duration ofor the tournament so far

The player can stay on if the treatment is going to be "quick", what is deemed as quick is probably left to the discretion of the ref on the day.
Not completely - as mentioned above, the general advice is 25-30 seconds. The "Other advice" section states as follows:
In principle, the delay should not be any longer than currently occurs when a medical person(s) comes on the field to assess an injury. The difference is that the point at which the referee used to require the medical person(s) and the player to leave is now the point at which the medical staff leave but the player can remain.

To ensure the injured player does not use/extend the delay unfairly, referees are advised to:
• be aware of the match situation and any potential tactical reason to delay the restart
• inform the injured player that if medical attention it required it must be quick
• signal for the medical person(s) (not the stretchers) and, if possible, remind them to be quick

When the referee decides play should restart either:
• the medical person(s) leaves and the player remains or
• the player leaves for further assessment/treatment (stretcher signal may be necessary)

As a general guide, the restart should not be delayed for more than about 20–25 seconds beyond the point when everyone was ready for play to restart.

The referee must make full allowance for the stoppage.

Last edited:
What's the French for deja vu ...? :eek::)

Thought I'd dangle that one there mate. ;) :D

I'd genuinely like to know. Tried to see it myself on the highlights last night but couldn't so I'd like our erstwhile friend to educate me if at all possible. "Blatant" apparently...... ;)

Back