A&H

Alb - ITA

The Referee Store
That's a fantastic advantage (assuming he has played advantage!)

Taking the bullet point about advantage in Law 5 at face value, you can play advantage from any offence where the non-offending team would benefit from it - obviously in practice there are some offences where it would very rarely happen.

I don't see why you can't. The restart was taken correctly so it's not like playing advantage on a foul throw.

Technically I'd say it's clear DOGSO so if you play advantage a caution should be given.

I don't see why you can't. The restart was taken correctly so it's not like playing advantage on a foul throw.

Technically I'd say it's clear DOGSO so if you play advantage a caution should be given.
Interesting quirk in the laws because it would have been more advantageous to Italy for the referee not to play advantage because the referee would have had to show a red card for DOGSO.

Interesting quirk in the laws because it would have been more advantageous to Italy for the referee not to play advantage because the referee would have had to show a red card for DOGSO.
Really good point. The advantage is probably a disadvantage here. That's a lot to get your head round in less than a couple of seconds!

Reactions: ARF

If it's dogso a second touch is a red card as there is no possibility to play the ball

Sorry, ignore me, advantage downgrades dogso to caution. Just woke up lol

Last edited:
The real question here is what was the Albanian player who was the target of the free kick pass thinking?

The smart referee orders a retake because the attacker moved towards the ball and was about 4 yards away when the kick was taken.

I think the referee should have reacted immediately. It presents very badly - no matter how daft the red team here - to allow a player who is blatantly “encroaching” to then benefit from an advantage, yellow, red, or whatever.

IMHO of course. Was the ref in “friendly” mode perhaps?

Back