A&H

Advice

The Referee Store
...hmm I still think any assault on an official means game ends at grassroots. You can still be shielded by other players.

It has to be zero tolerance. Any young/new refs should know the line. Assault in whatever form = game over,

Reactions: one
The manager refused to give me the name of the offender and the captain said he'd never seen him before so didn't know it! I booked the keeper for dissent and he told me his name was Marvin Gaye. I have him one oppurtunity to give me his real name and he did!

Id have said are you sure thats your name because ive heard on the grapevine this might not be true.

I was just happy it wasn't "Micky Mouse" for a change! Nobody ever uses that name anymore apart from when they don't want to give a football referee their name!!!

I was just happy it wasn't "Micky Mouse" for a change! Nobody ever uses that name anymore apart from when they don't want to give a football referee their name!!!

There was a player in my local leagues called Mickey House a few years ago. I thought he was having me on when I booked him

Id love someone to give me a false character name, is it just Mickey with a Y or an I and wait to see the confusion on their faces.

So the hearing date has been and gone so I'm assuming the player/club accepted what they were charged with.

Looking at the suspensions list on the county fa website, it appears the offender has been banned for 165 days.

As a reminder, he put his head against mine and started mouthing off at me and was dragged away eventually by team mates. He then tried to get back at me whilst he was restrained. He obviously refused to give me his name, the captain said he'd never seen him before and didn't know his name and the manager told me to go forth and multiply when I asked him his name (I submitted the one on the team sheet provided obviously).

I'm pleased that it's been dealt with and the county fa were very good. Does 165 days seem normal for the offence?

Assault on a match Official is supposed to be a 5-year ban. I’d imagine they’ve found him guilty of the lesser charge of physical contact with a match official...

Assault on a match Official is supposed to be a 5-year ban. I’d imagine they’ve found him guilty of the lesser charge of physical contact with a match official...

And is 165 days consistent with the usual punishment for such a charge? Ive no opinion on the matter, just wondering out of interest as I have no idea of sanctions apart form the ones I received as a player. I was told over the phone that it would go down as assault on an official but physical contact is probably more accurate. It's probably somewhere in between the two

"Mandatory Minimum Sanctions

To ensure consistency Nationally, mandatory minimum sanctions have been introduced, an individual who receives a charge below and if found proven, will face as a minimum the sanction below listed
. A Commission can increase based upon the aggravating factors that are present. These are not an entry point.
 Assaults on a Match Official – 5 year minimum sanction
 Physical contact on a Match official - 84 days & £100 minimum
 Threatening a match official – 56 days/6 matches & £50 minimum "

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/hu...tion-amendments-step-5-and-below-2017-18.ashx

"Mandatory Minimum Sanctions

To ensure consistency Nationally, mandatory minimum sanctions have been introduced, an individual who receives a charge below and if found proven, will face as a minimum the sanction below listed
. A Commission can increase based upon the aggravating factors that are present. These are not an entry point.
 Assaults on a Match Official – 5 year minimum sanction
 Physical contact on a Match official - 84 days & £100 minimum
 Threatening a match official – 56 days/6 matches & £50 minimum "

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/hu...tion-amendments-step-5-and-below-2017-18.ashx

Thanks for the info. If more than one sanction is applicable presumably they add the minimum sanctions together, as I'm assuming that's what's happened here

Wouldn't try to make sense of their sentencing if they aren't considering what your described as an assault.

164 days is around 5 months, so the FA could be setting the ban for the rest of the season

Back