A&H

Advantage

iamniallo

Sorry folks, sure this question has been asked plenty of times but can’t find it.

One from playing in a charity game, so all in good fun/humour..

Striker just outside the box hits the ball, defender comes in fractionally late (ball literally just left strikers foot) and takes out strikers standing leg.

Ball beats the keeper but hits top corner of the goal frame and comes back to a defender who clears it out for a throw in.

Ref says they played advantage in that if the ball went in, a goal would have stood and states that the defenders actions didn’t interfere with the shot or trajectory of the ball so no free kick given.

(Additional info, striker unlikely to have been recipient of the rebound had they been on their feet,

Further note/edit : I was in net at the other end but initially thought it was a free kick. I can’t say I had a better view of it than the ref though)

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
Sorry folks, sure this question has been asked plenty of times but can’t find it.

One from playing in a charity game, so all in good fun/humour..

Striker just outside the box hits the ball, defender comes in fractionally late (ball literally just left strikers foot) and takes out strikers standing leg.

Ball beats the keeper but hits top corner of the goal frame and comes back to a defender who clears it out for a throw in.

Ref says they played advantage in that if the ball went in, a goal would have stood and states that the defenders actions didn’t interfere with the shot or trajectory of the ball so no free kick given.

(Additional info, striker unlikely to have been recipient of the rebound had they been on their feet)

Thoughts?
Providing it wasn’t an attempted block that the striker simply fell over (doesn’t sound like it) I’m inclined to bring it back for the free kick

Back