A&H

Advanced Fly Kicks

The Referee Store
Had it earlier tonight unit6, I passed the lotg test to my amazement.
Got lucky the last chapter I read in the car was pens, low and behold there was like 5 questions on pens.

So I guess that’s it now a qualified ref, am I now level 7, ooh how exciting
Ha! And there you went on and on doubting yourself. So first off, congrats and officially welcome to the mad brethren, but now mate you have no excuse you're officially qualified you better be brushing up on them laws every now and then.

Before and after my exam I used arefereee.com and used their tests as a revision aid as well as reading the book, but still do a test a week to just keep the laws fresh and as a memory jog. ( I do know that it is not 100% correct all the time)

Great clip sir, the ones I’m on about though finish 3-4 yards out not 1-2 in your great example
Fair enough, but just bear in mind that it doesn't matter how far out they finish - that has no bearing on the matter. It's perfectly possible for a keeper to release the ball inside the area and because of their momentum, finish 3-4 yards outside the area after completing the kick. Reina often did - in that video he probably goes less far out of the area than he normally did.

It's where they release the ball that counts, not where they finish.

Warning first obviously but my less skilled protagonists were far more obviously outside than your example shows correctly shown as incorrect on video replay. It was just a pushing the envelope thing to gain a quick advantage. Once you’ve said your watching it usually became less used. Job done really!

A side note really because its futsal.

Keepers carrying the ball out of the area is far more frequent in futsal than football and the common cause is almost never a fly kick.

Due to its dynamics its common for keeper to release the ball at their own feet and run it up for a counter attack. Generally when releasing it, its at the palm of their hand and they are rolling it off while running full speed forward. The release motion begins about half a meter inside the area but because of their momentum forward the ball stays connected to their hand for a good meter or more.

The other one is attempting to throw the ball long one handed and they want every inch of head start as they can. The throw usually starts in the area but ends outside.

If its subtle and can be given any benefit of the doubt they get a warning first, otherwise its common enough in futsal and they should know, a free kick is given.

Back