A&H

Adrian's Red Card

Charlie Bruce

Level 6 Referee
What are everyone's views on Adrian's red card today vs Leicester?

I personally think it is a red but confused as to how some think it is not a red?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 30
The Referee Store
Definitely an 'As seen on TV' thread...

That picture seems pretty damning but I'll have to watch MotD tonight to be sure...

I can see why people would think its not a red. The keeper turns around and sticks his foot out to try and control the ball. I don't think he even knew the player was there. In my opinion it was completely accidental however when I first watched it at full speed I thought red straight away so can't say the ref got it wrong

It's an easy red card.

Clearly endangers the safety of the opponent. Delibrate or not and I would say not it has to be a red card.

First reaction was yellow, but looking again it was a pretty terrible challenge.

Fair enough to give the red for me.

Loved everyone on MOTD talking about "intent".
Plus he was sent off for "dangerous play" apparently. Must be the new sending off offence I've not heard of yet.

How do we feel about Kasper schmeichel clothesline earlier in the same game? Should have been a penalty, don't think dogso due to a defenders proximity, but the nature of the challenge possible put it into the SFP category. Thoughts?

How do we feel about Kasper schmeichel clothesline earlier in the same game? Should have been a penalty, don't think dogso due to a defenders proximity, but the nature of the challenge possible put it into the SFP category. Thoughts?

Stonewall penalty.....very dubious DOGSO and even more dubious SFP........

I can see how the ref saw Adrian as a straight red (and yes I was in the stadium and see it happen live!)

but when you look at it, foot wasn't 'high' - lets remember Jamie Vardy is 3ft 2" and a p***k

and his eyes also follow the ball through - red card on the day, will be rescinded though (if appealed)

It seems top level referees have had guidance on raised feet Ans as such I would be surprised if it is rescinded. Especially as it looks like he follows through after the initial contact!! Daniel San would have been proud of that one (original karate kid reference for younger members)

the foot wasn't high enough for me personally

although Vardy didn't completely wipe out Adrian in the first 10 minutes and only get shown a yellow ... a bit of 'pay back' maybe from Adrian?

Back