A&H

Review Addidas astros

The Referee Store
......and

is red a bit flamboyant for Birmingham, then, or is there an underlying suggestion that referees should only ever wear black laces?

I've only ever refereed in yellow laces and have never seen anything in writing that prevents me from doing so...ditto, red

if anyone tells you that they they're a bit flash, just tell 'em that it makes you try that little bit harder to be a good ref

Shoes should be all black except for the brand mark which should be white. That would include changing the laces to be black.

Yeah I think that black is the best way forward or possibly white at a stretch (with black boots) because you look so much more professional and when you turn up at a game everyone looks you up and down to find any faults, red laces would definitely set you off on the wrong foot (no pun intended). I had a match one weekend, I turned up and was getting ready to KO, according to my mentor, the first thing a spectator said was "Ooh the ref hasn't got his socks pulled up"
So bright laces would really make you stand out IMO.

I see what you are saying @haywain and your right, nowhere does it say that laces must be black but it doesn't say that boots must be black either and I'm sure if you turned up in these you wouldn't seem very impressive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Beckham--football-boots-horrific-designs.html

Back